• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

the answer is Star Wars will lose some of made it iconic. it'll just run together into infinity like the Marvel franchise and comic books have for nearly a century but will still have highs and lows and a large cultural relevance.

Just so long as they don't go back and remake the original Star Wars like 6 times like they do with Spiderman and Batman.

I'll see all of the Star Wars movies. I'm sure they'll all be profitable... For a while, at least. But my point is that there is high potential to fuck things up. I say this fully realizing that the prequels exist and didn't kill anything.

Marvel is kind of a different animal. I am much less of a Marvel guy, aside from knowing the stock very well before it was bought by Disney. I'd have said back then that I had a lot more faith in Marvel than in Disney in terms of keeping things going, but Disney has clearly done a good job (w/ the movies, at least). I do think, however, that the Marvel universe is different than Star Wars in that the jury is still out as to whether or not anyone gives a shit about a non-Skywalker movie (even Rogue One was tangentially a part of it). What is to keep future Star Wars from just being some generic space action movie?

Just so long as they don't go back and remake the original Star Wars like 6 times like they do with Spiderman and Batman.

Spiderman and Batman movies weren't "remade." They just made different films with those characters.

the answer is Star Wars will lose some of made it iconic. it'll just run together into infinity like the Marvel franchise and comic books have for nearly a century but will still have highs and lows and a large cultural relevance.

Haha, iswydt, even if you didn't intend to do what you did there.

I'll see all of the Star Wars movies. I'm sure they'll all be profitable... For a while, at least. But my point is that there is high potential to fuck things up. I say this fully realizing that the prequels exist and didn't kill anything.

Marvel is kind of a different animal. I am much less of a Marvel guy, aside from knowing the stock very well before it was bought by Disney. I'd have said back then that I had a lot more faith in Marvel than in Disney in terms of keeping things going, but Disney has clearly done a good job (w/ the movies, at least). I do think, however, that the Marvel universe is different than Star Wars in that the jury is still out as to whether or not anyone gives a shit about a non-Skywalker movie (even Rogue One was tangentially a part of it). What is to keep future Star Wars from just being some generic space action movie?

With all the movies + television shows, I was thinking along these lines that this is a bit much and I was probably going to jump off of the "must stay in the loop on Star Wars canon" train. Or I'll probably be content to just read summaries online, certainly for the tv shows. That's already my approach for Rebels.

How many Star Wars TV shows are they planning? I've only heard of one to be on the Disney streaming service.

The marvel franchise is made up of a huge number of varied characters with differing tone/theme/personality. It lends itself to making differnt styles of movie (heist, save the world, comedy, space opera).

We have not seen that variety with the star wars universe yet. If they can pull it off they should be good.

people are finally realizing- George Lucas was the only thing holding Star Wars together

The marvel franchise is made up of a huge number of varied characters with differing tone/theme/personality. It lends itself to making differnt styles of movie (heist, save the world, comedy, space opera).

We have not seen that variety with the star wars universe yet. If they can pull it off they should be good.

Yeah. In this case, Disney gets to preserve the tone but create the characters. Three movies in they've done a great job.

How many Star Wars TV shows are they planning? I've only heard of one to be on the Disney streaming service.

"Multiple" is all I've heard.

Seems like an interesting decision to go back to that era between II and III after Rebels covered ground between III and IV. The article I read said the show ended abruptly. I didn't watch it. Was that the case? It ended awhile ago.

Disney has to fill out that new streaming option.

So it looks like there are three Star Wars TV shows:

Resistance is animated and takes place a few years before VII.
Clone Wars is animated and takes place between II and III.
A yet to be titled live action show takes place a few years after VI.

Any others?

Last edited:
My daughter and I have about 1 1/2 seasons left to watch. Some really good episodes.

Term of endearment?

I thought I was a Star Wars nerd, but now I'm aware enough (thanks largely to this thread) to realize I'm just an average guy who has seen the original Trilogy a million times. I don't particularly care for the off-shoot movies: Rogue One was cool the one time I saw it, but I have no desire to see Solo. And I definitely couldn't rub two fucks together for all these tv shows. But, I will clear my schedule whenever Number 9 comes out.

Back