• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

JJ abrams' 'best' movie at the time Phantom Menace came out was Armageddon

I was more referring to the "(or anyone else)" part of his post, but I think we have plenty of evidence that George can make a good Star Wars movie with people other than him directing.

That was a damn funny review. It had the opposite effect for me though, made me think the movie couldn't possibly live up to the review.

Written by Dave Holmes -- former MTV VJ and 2d place finisher on Wanna be a VJ -- where he lost to this dude:
filmmagic-111156614.jpg

Last edited:
And now it looks confirmed that Ron Howard will take over the Han Solo movie -- not good imo

Meh, just reshoots. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Though i think the idea of a Han Solo origin movie is terrible.

Meh, just reshoots. I'm sure it'll be fine.

Though i think the idea of a Han Solo origin movie is terrible.

Why? They earned my trust with Rogue One.

what young indy series? wakka wakka

but seriously, i think the movie will end up being a solid B but unnecessary and overly complicating an already iconic character.

[h=1]The Fired ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Movie Directors Were Reportedly Making A Comedy Lucasfilm Didn’t Want[/h]http://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-han-solo-directors-comedy/

According to a new Entertainment Weekly report, said differences won’t surprise anyone familiar with the pair’s comedic oeuvre of work and penchant for encouraging improvisation. Several sources with knowledge of the production, which began in February, claim Lord and Miller “began steering the Han Solo movie more into the genre of laughs than space fantasy” as soon as filming started. While another source told EW the pair’s focus on comedy wasn’t the primary issue of concern, the general “consensus” nonetheless suggested these deviations from the script co-written by Lawrence Kasdan and his son Jon troubled Lucasfilm.
“They thought they were brought on to make a Phil and Chris movie,” a confidant of the fired directors told EW. “Sometimes they just thought the actors could do it differently” than what the Kasdans had written. Needless to say, the report indicates Lucasfilm president Kathleen Kennedy and Lawrence Kasdan saw the Han Solo spin-off going a different direction from Lord and Miller’s comedically playful dailies, so the two were let go and replaced with Howard.

have you to wonder what these mega corps are thinking when they hire directors with fairly specific styles of direction and then end up firing them/making them want to quit because they're making the movie in their style

[h=1]The Fired ‘Star Wars’ Han Solo Movie Directors Were Reportedly Making A Comedy Lucasfilm Didn’t Want[/h]http://uproxx.com/movies/star-wars-han-solo-directors-comedy/

Good thing Ron Howard isn't known for a quirky, subversive sense of humor.

Ron Howard is such a weird choice. What the hell has he done that's even close to this genre in the last 25 years? Apollo 13 doesn't count.

Back