• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Looked like her

Pretty sure that's her, and the older white-haired guy she was talking to at the Senate looked like former Galactic Republic Chancellor Valorum, who lost a vote of confidence and was replaced by Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious in The Phantom Menace.

I did Googling so you don't have to.

Yes that's Mon Mothma and the same actress that played her in R1.

Pretty sure that's her, and the older white-haired guy she was talking to at the Senate looked like former Galactic Republic Chancellor Valorum, who lost a vote of confidence and was replaced by Senator Palpatine/Darth Sidious in The Phantom Menace.

Thanks. I knew he looked familiar.

Helps to not have any desert planet scenes. And this one they are supposedly doing more sets not on green screen.

Andor looks a lot better than any of the SW shows they've put out to date. Like, by a long shot.

agreed. It probably helps that it is mostly the same group that did Rogue One, which has been the best movie made by a long shot

That dude's not Valorum, not was he ever Clylburn.

Started to watch Star Wars Light and Magic.

It is really interesting, but i am a nerd. It might be slow for some.

First three eps were very good. Great plot & character development. Feels more gritty & like it’s a good depiction of the every day life for the common man in the galaxy instead of just chasing tie fighters & storm troopers.

It was gritty and a good depiction of everyday life, but it was a slow overextended prologue. I watched the warehouse scene in the Disney+ preview last week and I was hyped. It seemed awesome. Once we got to it in the show, it wasn't a climax, it was kind of boring.

I guess it all depends on how much the events and characters of the first three episodes matter. If they don't matter, then the goals of the first three episodes could have been accomplished more quickly.

I dozed off near the end of the first episode. Good to see Mrs. Dursley be a good foster mom for once though.

I only watched the first episode so far but to me it seems like Star Wars Noir. No jedi's , no light sabers, no stormtroopers, no darth vader, no space battles but lots of lurking around in the the shadows, trying to find a mysterious woman, and a murder mystery. I like it...but it feels so much different from all the other star wars I've seen.

I only watched the first episode so far but to me it seems like Star Wars Noir. No jedi's , no light sabers, no stormtroopers, no darth vader, no space battles but lots of lurking around in the the shadows, trying to find a mysterious woman, and a murder mystery. I like it...but it feels so much different from all the other star wars I've seen.
I have enjoyed Andor so far for this reason.

Star Wars should have moved away from the Skywalkers long ago. Too many other stories to tell and parts of space to explore

Gotta give George Lucas credit for creating a world where it's easy to present so many controversial issues in a palatable form.

The whole thing starts with a hero of a previous film going into a brothel, chatting up a madam, and then killing two off-duty low-level cops/security guards who give him lip and shake him down. It spends a fair amount of time with a police chief explaining why and how to cover it up.

This prologue ends with the city folks sounding an alarm, running away from cops, and/or actively resisting cops. The guy who snitched on the guard/cop killer gets shot by a cop as a quick morality tale. Under the cover of the people's resistance which claims the lives of more cops, the guard/cop killer gets away.

That story probably doesn't get told in a real-world setting much less on Disney+.

Last edited:
Back