• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

not going to spoil it, but something happened near the end that made me and my teenage boys erupt and give each other high fives! My wife had no idea what was going on.

was it when they finally used the Imperial March

I really liked the last ep and felt they adequately filled in canonical issues people had, even if prematurely. Even some canonical issues people didn't even have, like OWK calling him "Darth" in SW.

Anyway, I've been frog slow boiling over the decades at how ineffective ISDs are and this episode only raised the temperature for that.

Darth could have gone after Obi-Wan and the Star Destroyer could have gone after the Rebels. Convenient that he decided like a minute later that he didn't need a whole ass Star Destroyer to confront Obi-Wan.

Quite interesting that Obi-Wan hadn't even met Luke at that point. I don't think there are any gaps to fill to get to the point where Luke knows him as old Ben Kenobi in ANH, but there's some narrative work that could be done in a season 2.

I think it would have been more powerful if Yoda or force ghost Qui-Gon appeared during the lightsaber duel, but I did also work to see Obi-Wan just kick Vader's ass.

Darth could have gone after Obi-Wan and the Star Destroyer could have gone after the Rebels. Convenient that he decided like a minute later that he didn't need a whole ass Star Destroyer to confront Obi-Wan.

Quite interesting that Obi-Wan hadn't even met Luke at that point. I don't think there are any gaps to fill to get to the point where Luke knows him as old Ben Kenobi in ANH, but there's some narrative work that could be done in a season 2.

I think it would have been more powerful if Yoda or force ghost Qui-Gon appeared during the lightsaber duel, but I did also work to see Obi-Wan just kick Vader's ass.

I had thought Qui-Gon would appear sooner to give like a pep talk or something during Obi-Wan's hour of need

was it when they finally used the Imperial March

nah, it was what Obi-Wan said to Luke when they first meet. That is a running gag in our house and I was hoping against all hope that in this series Obi Wan would break out a "Hello there". My boys leapt off the couch when it happened!

nah, it was what Obi-Wan said to Luke when they first meet. That is a running gag in our house and I was hoping against all hope that in this series Obi Wan would break out a "Hello there". My boys leapt off the couch when it happened!

oh yeah, that was good laugh line for me, too.

This is a really good rescoring of the final Obi Wan Vader fight scene using ROTS music. I wish they had presented it this way, cohesively, with the traditional music. It's much better as one scene, without the pointless interruptions from Luke's house.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OrMnD2uYw0I

84bf0645508610e8cfcb6ba151410af0.jpg

I watched the first two episodes of this Obi-wan show and it was terrible. Is it supposed to be a kids show?

I watched the first two episodes of this Obi-wan show and it was terrible. Is it supposed to be a kids show?

It does get better, but you have to slog through another couple episodes. Last two episodes are the best. Overall, a missed opportunity, though, and again a waste of McGregor's talents.

The trailer definitely Carrie’s the spirit of Rogue One.

(Leaving the autocorrect as is)

Back