• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Star Wars thread (Ahsoka)

Ziggy says Coruscant was not destroyed by Starkiller, though it seems to be a commonly confused point.

Great writing, Star Wars!

Slashfilm reporting Rosario Dawson cast as Ahsoka Tanno in Mandalorian s2.

I'm all for that, both Ahsoka in live action and Rosario Dawson as Ahsoka, but I feel like I saw that as a fancasting months ago. Not sure if I believe it yet, especially with production shut down.

The fancasting was more like year(s) ago. But as the story notes she's gone on record as being into the role so... probably??

All in for an Ahsoka vs Moff gidean (is he a force user too?) Light saber fight. I think he even accidentally outted a lightsaber duel in s2 already.

Last edited:
Once Mando was told he needed to find some Jedi and then a lightsaber showed up, it was obvious there was going to be a lightsaber battle.

Likely sure. But accidentally confirmed by the big bad.

ROS is out on streaming a few weeks early due to coronavirus.

Apparently, Season 2 of the Mandalorian wrapped last week, so the Rosario Dawson news looks legit.

Last edited:
ROS and a behind the scenes The Mandalorian coming to Disney+ for May the 4th.

[h=1]Academy Award Winner Taika Waititi to Direct and Co-Write new Star Wars Feature Film for Theatrical Release; Oscar Nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns to Co-Write Screenplay with Waititi[/h]

https://www.starwars.com/news/taika-waititi-announce

Academy Award® winner Taika Waititi, who recently won Best Adapted Screenplay for Jojo Rabbit and directed the widely-acclaimed first season finale episode of The Mandalorian on Disney+, will direct and co-write a new Star Wars feature film for theatrical release.
Joining Waititi on the screenplay will be Academy Award® nominee Krysty Wilson-Cairns (1917, Last Night in Soho), who received a BAFTA Award for Outstanding British Film of the Year on the three-time Oscar-winning film, 1917.
In addition, Emmy®-nominated writer Leslye Headland (Russian Doll, Bachelorette) is currently developing a new untitled Star Wars series for Disney+. Headland will write, executive produce, and serve as showrunner for the series, which adds to a growing list of Star Wars stories for Disney’s streaming platform including The Mandalorian, now in post-production on Season Two, and two other previously announced series: one based on Cassian Andor’s life prior to the events of Rogue One: A Star Wars Story and another following the adventures of Obi-Wan Kenobi between Star Wars: Revenge of the Sith and Star Wars: A New Hope.

By the way, it's a Behind the Scenes Mandalorian series not a special. Eight episodes. Starts today and new episodes drop on Fridays.

so what are the actual SW movies that are happening? That one and the Rian Johnson trilogy? Did the trilogy from GOT producers get shifted to one of the other projects? I know they dropped out.

Finally watched ROS last night... Put the kids to bed (too young), deserted my wife, and retreated to my basement with some popcorn.

It was OK.

I won't rehash what you all covered months ago, but it wasn't great. Rey carries the entire trilogy. Agree that the biggest issue was that the three movies were clearly not planned out from the beginning... I didn't hate TLJ, so it felt weird that ROS rejected pretty much everything from that story. I'm also still annoyed that Snoke was killed so easily and we had to bring back the Emperor for the last one.

But it was fine... Like all of them since the original trilogy (with the exception of Roque One), I won't spend much (any) time thinking about it now that I've seen it.

The next move for me is to introduce my kids (6/4/2) in a few years.

I rewatched ROS and, despite not hating it on my first viewing, it is by far the weakest of the new trilogy. As ATS said, they really could not have screwed it up more by not having a planned storyline and by having more than one director. I would have like to have see what Rian Johnson did with all three movies. I guess we will get that chance, and I am really happy Waititi is directing a movie. Hopefully, they are moving in the right direction.

Including all of the new movies, my rank is:

TLJ
Rogue
TFA
ROS
Solo

Just finished Rebels and The Clone Wars series in the last week, and they are both better than most of the movies.

Rebels
The Clone Wars
Original Trilogy
Rogue One

Everything else is such a mess.

Just finished Rebels and The Clone Wars series in the last week, and they are both better than most of the movies.

Rebels
The Clone Wars
Original Trilogy
Rogue One

Everything else is such a mess.

Agreed. Don't forget the mandalorian. Dave Filoni needs to be the star wars Kevin Feige.

Agreed. Don't forget the mandalorian. Dave Filoni needs to be the star wars Kevin Feige.

Mandalorian and TLJ are definitely the best of the rest.

I’ve yet to watch Resistance.

Filoni knows what he’s doing.

As bad as the prequels are, The Clone Wars makes them 10x the arc of the sequels.

Back