• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Mike Pence is a nutjob

TownieDeac

words are futile devices
Reaction score
http://www.rollingstone.com/politics/features/the-radical-crusade-of-mike-pence-w462223

While Mike Pence was governor, his relationship with the Democratic minority in the legislature was crap. Someone on his staff suggested having the Democratic leaders over to the governor's mansion for dinner. The table was set for 20, but there were only around seven in attendance. One unlucky legislator stuck next to Pence tried to make conversation, but found even at dinner she couldn't shift Pence off his talking points. Gov. Pence shouted to his wife, Karen, his closest adviser, at the other end of the table.
"Mother, Mother, who prepared our meal this evening?"
The legislators looked at one another, speaking with their eyes: He just called his wife "Mother."
Maybe it was a joke, the legislator reasoned. But a few minutes later, Pence shouted again.
"Mother, Mother, whose china are we eating on?"
Mother Pence went on a long discourse about where the china was from. A little later, the legislators stumbled out, wondering what was weirder: Pence's inability to make conversation, or calling his wife "Mother" in the second decade of the 21st century.

just another example of townie not learning from Donald's 300+ EC victory. sad !

Why impeaching Trump should not be a goal.

This is correct, we definitely do not want Pence naming supreme court justices. The Dems really should not be focused on impeaching Trump, they should be focused on 2018 and 2020. They might be smart to let the pubs begin implementing their disastrous platform (i.e., kicking 20 million people off health insurance, eliminating environmental protections, ruining public schools...) so that the population can see just how bad these ideas really are.

This is correct, we definitely do not want Pence naming supreme court justices. The Dems really should not be focused on impeaching Trump, they should be focused on 2018 and 2020. They might be smart to let the pubs begin implementing their disastrous platform (i.e., kicking 20 million people off health insurance, eliminating environmental protections, ruining public schools...) so that the population can see just how bad these ideas really are.

Pence is already naming SCOTUS justices.

Like the Dems could control that messaging....

ah yes the political equivalent of letting em score inside the 10 so you've got time to come back

Still would rather have Pence than Trump. A hardline social conservative is preferable to an unstable petty vindictive authoritarian.

I really don't get men who call their wives "mother."

My grandfather called my grandmother "Mother" sometimes, that was back in the 80's, and I thought it odd, though I never could really tell if he was doing it to be funny/antagonistic.

Back