• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump will be removed before he can finish his term

Obama will be removed after 8 highly successful years.

You guys really need to pace yourselves. There is a real danger of outrage overload forcing some of you guys into a shell that may be irreversible.

Sit back and enjoy the Trump ride. It will be over in 8 short years. Just keep some money in the stock market and you will emerge wealthier and wiser.

This looks like a post from 2009. Especially the stock market part.

i mean trump has the lowest approval rating of any incoming president and he hasn't even done anything yet.. The protests began the moment he won the EC and were even worse on inauguration day. And more telling than what people did was what they didn't. nobody turned out. all the apathy.

History is clear on how long leaders like this often last.

These next hundred days are critical. It's civic responsibility to actively destroy this mickey mouse garbage before it even gets off the ground. If the attacks and protests persist, the tone is set, and there is probably already enough out there to impeach him.

It would be an extraordinary feat for the Dems to take back the house in 2018. And probably an even larger feat to net the 3 seats they need to take back the senate, considering the Dems have 5-6 vulnerable seats and the Pubs only 1 (NV). So that being the case, exactly who is going to be impeaching and trying Trump in the next 4 years? I can't foresee how enough house Pubs would join all of the Dems to accomplish this. And given that the Pub party wants Donald's donor list, and that at least for now, his supporters would be up in arms against the party if he were impeached, I don't see it happening. As long as he plays to his base, which appears to be 30-40% of the country, and keeps them happy, there will be no impeachment. And right about now, he appears to be playing well to that base, and in addition, playing well enough to the Wall St crowd.

ITC has the idea for the more likely way of having him removed, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Such an event could spark a wave of violence across the country. Even though we've already had some of that the last 3 months, I could easily see that getting worse.

Last edited:
It would be an extraordinary feat for the Dems to take back the house in 2018. And probably an even larger feat to net the 3 seats they need to take back the senate, considering the Dems have 5-6 vulnerable seats and the Pubs only 1 (NV). So that being the case, exactly who is going to be impeaching and trying Trump in the next 4 years? I can't foresee how enough house Pubs would join all of the Dems to accomplish this. And given that the Pub party wants Donald's donor list, and that at least for now, his supporters would be up in arms against the party if he were impeached, I don't see it happening. As long as he plays to his base, which appears to be 30-40% of the country, and keeps them happy, there will be no impeachment. And right about now, he appears to be playing well to that base, and in addition, playing well enough to the Wall St crowd.

ITC has the idea for the more likely way of having him removed, but I'm hoping that doesn't happen. Such an event could spark a wave of violence across the country. Even though we've already had some of that the last 3 months, I could easily see that getting worse.

I am in no way endorsing what ITC implied but I am going to say that attempts to impeach him would also lead to violence.

I am in no way endorsing what ITC implied but I am going to say that attempts to impeach him would also lead to violence.

Agreed. I could easily see some of his supporters at the very least threatening members of Congress.

There are only a few plausible scenarios under which a living Donald Trumps doesn't finish two terms in office.
1. His health deteriorates to such an extent that he resigns for medical reasons.
2. He gets disgusted with his inability to move the federal bureaucracy and Congress so that he resigns or chooses not to run in four years out of frustration.
3. Something so bad happens that his personal advisers convince him to not run again in four years.
4. The Democrats find someone in the next three years who they can fall in love with and who can do EC math.

is there a way to force removal for medical reasons other than resignation?

is there a way to force removal for medical reasons other than resignation?

Article 2 of our constitution has no references to the DSM5. So having a narcissistic personality disorder isn't relevant when it comes to removal from office.

Article 2 of our constitution has no references to the DSM5. So having a narcissistic personality disorder isn't relevant when it comes to removal from office.

goddamn it, Bones was constantly threatening to medically relieve people.

would be a huge fall for the "healthiest president ever" or whatever to resign for health reasons

C3CKvKlUQAAyYU3.jpg

Trump will crush the Resistance. Resistance is futile.

We are not calling — yet — for invocation of Section 4 of the 25th Amendment. (“Whenever the Vice President and a majority of either the principal officers of the executive departments or of such other body as Congress may by law provide, transmit to the President pro tempore of the Senate and the Speaker of the House of Representatives their written declaration that the President is unable to discharge the powers and duties of his office, the Vice President shall immediately assume the powers and duties of the office as Acting President.”)

We are calling for someone, perhaps his children, to see if they can prevail upon him to stop behaving in this way, for if not, legitimate worries will mount about whether he is able to carry out his duties. We also are saying that Republicans need to be pressed to state their view: Is he lying or is he unable to separate what he wants to believe and what exists, literally, in front of his eyes? The first makes him morally unfit, and was the basis upon which many #NeverTrumpers refused to vote for him. If the latter, they — and we all — have a constitutional crisis the likes of which we have never seen. With Trump, however, we have learned the past provides no guarantees.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/blog...aybe-trump-isnt-lying/?utm_term=.ec0649776855

It's true it'd be great if he were removed via the existing channels which there are precedent for.

but, if you all are thinking in strict terms of the confines of our system and only the ways presidents have been legally removed in the past, might need to get more creative.

My prediction is simply that he wont make it thru four years. I can't speak to how; it's just a gut feeling--but not an uneducated one against the backdrop of 9,500 years of human civilizations. Apparently vegas is taking odds on the same question. The fact that's even happening is telling.

ITC's comment, whether you think it's "cool" or not, and regardless of how you read that, may well not be far off, either. You reap what you sow, Mr. President.

Last edited:
Back