• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump will be removed before he can finish his term

I'm not so sure about that; i feel like Trump's EOs are larger than life so it seems that way. Has he really done more of them than any other president in 4 days?

Does it really matter if it's true or not? It feels right.

After seeing the recap of his abc interview I'm heavily leaning towards mental breakdown, he is pretty much already there.

Wait a second, that quote was real? I saw it on Twitter and assumed it was a joke.

Sounds like a good portion of the Senior Management of the state department just resigned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

seriously a lunatic

"I got a standing ovation. In fact, they said it was the biggest standing ovation since Peyton Manning had won the Super Bowl and they said it was equal. I got a standing ovation. It lasted for a long period of time. ... I know when I do good speeches. I know when I do bad speeches. That speech was a total home run. They loved it."

by his logic has he ever done a bad speech?

seriously a lunatic

"I got a standing ovation. In fact, they said it was the biggest standing ovation since Peyton Manning had won the Super Bowl and they said it was equal. I got a standing ovation. It lasted for a long period of time. ... I know when I do good speeches. I know when I do bad speeches. That speech was a total home run. They loved it."

like, more people were standing and cheering than an entire stadium?

Sounds like a good portion of the Senior Management of the state department just resigned

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

I understand the sentiment but that just gives Trump a chance to put sycophants in those jobs. Best to stay and put as much sand in the gears of government as possible.

Last edited:
I understand the sentiment but that just gives Trump a chance to put sycophants in those jobs. Best to stay and put as much sand in the gears of government as possible.

Turns out they were fired.

At the risk of sounding on the fringe of alt-conspiracy, it almost seems as though Trump is cranking out all of these EO's because he knows he doesn't have much time.

Question though: Why issue so many EO's when you supposedly have control of both houses? Is it purely impatience? He doesn't think he could whip the houses? Is there some other explanation?

Trump uses executive orders for two reasons speed and more importantly he doesn't have to share credit with anyone else.

I think there are multiple elements in all the Executive Orders.
1. Trump wants to show that he is doing the things he said he would do. Even if the EO's get overturned in time.
2. He is impatient and doesn't want to wait for the (comparatively) glacial pace of legislative action.
3. Some of these are to "set a tone" and set policy direction to the executive branch. Trump is in charge, and within the constraints of the law, there are ways to interpret what is to be done. Here are the President Trump ways

At the risk of sounding on the fringe of alt-conspiracy, it almost seems as though Trump is cranking out all of these EO's because he knows he doesn't have much time.

Question though: Why issue so many EO's when you supposedly have control of both houses? Is it purely impatience? He doesn't think he could whip the houses? Is there some other explanation?

He doesn't have the slightest understanding of how politics and American governance works?

It is common practice for officials at their level to tender their resignations when the president is from the other political party. Trump just accepted their resignations. That is all.

There is, perhaps, much to see, but nothing to see here.

evidence of this assertion?

It is common practice for officials at their level to tender their resignations when the president is from the other political party. Trump just accepted their resignations. That is all.

There is, perhaps, much to see, but nothing to see here.

He actually fired them.

I think there are multiple elements in all the Executive Orders.
1. Trump wants to show that he is doing the things he said he would do. Even if the EO's get overturned in time.
2. He is impatient and doesn't want to wait for the (comparatively) glacial pace of legislative action.
3. Some of these are to "set a tone" and set policy direction to the executive branch. Trump is in charge, and within the constraints of the law, there are ways to interpret what is to be done. Here are the President Trump ways

I'm still not ruling out the possibility that he doesn't really know how laws actually get passed. He thinks the President just does whatever he wants. No one is going to tell him otherwise.

I'm still not ruling out the possibility that he doesn't really know how laws actually get passed. He thinks the President just does whatever he wants. No one is going to tell him otherwise.

That may well be true. He saw the way Obama used Executive Orders, such as the one delaying implementation of certain provisions of the Affordable Care Act when the act itself had specific deadlines, and figured he could do similar things. If nobody with standing challenges, he can.

yeah, this guy aint gonna make it four years...mexico president just walked on him (has that ever happened to a president before in this hemisphere?) and his executive order on travelers had to be countermanded immediately by a federal judge.. and remaking the NSC as the icing on the cake...

you have to have allies Mr. President, if not it's only a matter of time.

Last edited:
Parliament set to debate Donald Trump's UK state visit after petition to cancel it gets more than 900,000 signatures

"Donald Trump's state visit to the UK is expected to be debated in Parliament after senior Conservatives joined hundreds of thousands calling for it to be cancelled.

More than 900,000 people had by Sunday night signed a petition calling for the visit, which is due to take place in the Summer, to be abandoned because of the risk it will "embarrass" the Queen."

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...-donald-trumps-state-visit-uk-cancelled-gets/

Last edited:
Back