• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump will be removed before he can finish his term

If the economy is strong and Trump does not get us into a war, he coasts to a re-election. If the economy falters badly or we are at war, then there is a decent chance Trump loses.
Trump has already predicted a recession due to the housing bubble..in one of the debates. That's what he'll probably have to deal with as the economy pulls out of stagnation. I doubt it will be bad bad but it'll be the last correction before the big swing upward (predicted by Schiller years ago). Otherwise, he's going to pretty much do what he said he was going to do and I think most people who voted for him would do so again. The hysterical reaction to what he's done already is certainly not helping the opposition...and believing their own "he's a sociopathic fascist" rhetoric is a mistake as well.

Running re-election in 4 years depends on if he sees someone who can carry on his kind of vision or not...maybe someone like Thiel. If so, then I bet he walks.

Trump has already predicted a recession due to the housing bubble..in one of the debates. That's what he'll probably have to deal with as the economy pulls out of stagnation. I doubt it will be bad bad but it'll be the last correction before the big swing upward (predicted by Schiller years ago). Otherwise, he's going to pretty much do what he said he was going to do and I think most people who voted for him would do so again. The hysterical reaction to what he's done already is certainly not helping the opposition...and believing their own "he's a sociopathic fascist" rhetoric is a mistake as well.

Running re-election in 4 years depends on if he sees someone who can carry on his kind of vision or not...maybe someone like Thiel. If so, then I bet he walks.

No way he does not run. That kind of ego does not pass the torch if he has a choice. If things continue as they are now, he wins easily. If economy does not falter and Dems keep acting the fool and protesting every day, this will be a walk in the park for Trump.

He won with no hand whatsoever. He will now run as an incumbent. It will take a lot more than anarchist in the streets to change that momentum.

The outsider incumbent. Should be a fun campaign.

I predicted Trump will win, so in addition to patting myself on the back, I get to say whatever I want.

You simply have to get him to testify under oath. He can't help but lie.

Why would that matter? Who would dare call him on lying under oath. Not enough spines in Washington. Gotta just ride it out and hope for a good challenger in 4 years.

No way he does not run. That kind of ego does not pass the torch if he has a choice. If things continue as they are now, he wins easily. If economy does not falter and Dems keep acting the fool and protesting every day, this will be a walk in the park for Trump.

He won with no hand whatsoever. He will now run as an incumbent. It will take a lot more than anarchist in the streets to change that momentum.
I dunno...he ran because he felt he needed to, and while egotistically driven, I don't think he's there because of his ego in the way others are driven to be president. If he thinks the country is going in the right direction and he has a strong successor, then i can absolutely see him walk. His job..as he sees it..will have been done. Walking away would certainly be epic...almost heroic the way he'd look at it. To hijack the GOP, fight the GOP, media, and Dems.....win the presidency, then right the ship and ride off into the sunset job done? I think his ego would like that more than another 4 years. We might have to have a Trump airport somewhere though.

I dunno...he ran because he felt he needed to, and while egotistically driven, I don't think he's there because of his ego in the way others are driven to be president. If he thinks the country is going in the right direction and he has a strong successor, then i can absolutely see him walk. His job..as he sees it..will have been done. Walking away would certainly be epic...almost heroic the way he'd look at it. To hijack the GOP, fight the GOP, media, and Dems.....win the presidency, then right the ship and ride off into the sunset job done? I think his ego would like that more than another 4 years. We might have to have a Trump airport somewhere though.

Great post. Dead-on.

No Muslims allowed at that airport

buy ivanka trump clothing products!

Last edited:
nice career in the trump administration, gen flynn. as wfu ranger stated, "first" domino falls. although, it's hardly the first imo.

To those who gave me well reasoned rebuttals, i promise i'm getting back to you. BUT, did you all ever consider that donald's real adversaries wear the (r) tag? Keep making enemies who are supposedly on ur side of the aisle. See how that goes, Mr. President.

Last edited:

Excellent post, except that he has already filed to run again in 2020. A move that allows him to raise money for re-election all through out his first term. This suggests he intends to run again.

Excellent post, except that he has already filed to run again in 2020. A move that allows him to raise money for re-election all through out his first term. This suggests he intends to run again.

It really suggests he intends to raise money. That probably means he's running again, but who the hell knows with this guy?

Back