• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

It's also striking and telling that you apparently think artillery requires electricity.

Aren't you a military guy? How did you forget so much?

and he's also forgetting that NK's carrier pigeon operations are formidable by any standard, so they don't need no electricity for that reason as well

Wow. It's one thing to completely blank on pre-WW2 history. It's another to completely ignore political and social trends that are occurring in your lifetime.

There's no way you can support your warped view of history, knowell. None. The "party of Lincoln" is the part of states rights and the Confederate flag.

I am well aware of how important this narrative is to the mental well being of the Democratic party and it is a wonderful testament to the human mind's ability to rationalize.

It is a beautiful and awe inspiring thing thing to behold.

So you offer no support for your revisionist history.

It's also striking and telling that you apparently think artillery requires electricity.

Aren't you a military guy? How did you forget so much?

It's impressive how much you think you know. I'll give you that much.

You are an idiot then with no actual knowledge of the situation at hand.

Goodbye.

ic1fgl.jpg

Thinking artillery pieces need electricity is one of the most ignorant things I've ever read. And you were formally in the Air Force? Astonishing.

OH IM SORRY, DID YOU THINK I WAS ARGUING THAT NORTH KOREA HAD AMPLE ELECTRICITY TO LIGHT UP THEIR CITIES?!!?

My mistake then. Idiot. You aren't addressing the points I am making and are instead just attacking strawmen arguments. Either address my points or kindly fuck off, you clown.

quick point of order: does anyone have intel on whether or not NK artillery requires electricity? asking for a friend

Command and Control is important. Also, communication is important. Unless you've read stuff like dv7 has. In that case, kindly pay no attention to concepts with a 10,000 year old track record.

He's read stuff on the internet, you know.

Hey, jhmd! Read!

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/5-north-korean-weapons-south-korea-should-fear-14825

Artillery
While North Korea’s massive forces are largely primitively equipped, Pyongyang possesses the capacity to launch a catastrophic artillery strike on the city of Seoul.
Most of the artillery pieces—numbering in the thousands—are already in place, camouflaged and dug in. Neither the U.S. military nor South Korean forces can hope to eliminate those weapons before they obliterate the city—which by some estimates would take less than two hours. By some estimates, the city could be hit by over half-a-million shells in under an hour.
North Korea’s artillery pieces include the 170 mm Koksan, which has a range of about 25 miles, using conventional projectiles. However, the city is well within range if the Korean People’s Army rocket-assisted shells—which have a range of just less than forty miles.
U.S. and ROK forces could eventually eliminate these artillery pieces, but damage would already been done—especially if the North Korean regime decided to use chemical rounds.

http://nationalinterest.org/feature/5-north-korean-weapons-south-korea-should-fear-14825

No substantial electrical grid needed. You muppet.

Command and Control is important. Also, communication is important. Unless you've read stuff like dv7 has. In that case, kindly pay no attention to concepts with a 10,000 year old track record.

He's read stuff on the internet, you know.

Yep, that's all I've done. Good call, brah.

I'm arguing with a self-admitted troll with an avatar of Donald Rumsfield in a pimp suit. I'm going to step away. Feel free to carry on, sir douche.

It seems to me that they would have to know that another portion of their country is under attack. I don't believe in spontaneous, multipolar cognition, nor should you.

Communication is important. Without the ability to notify an armed weapon to discharge, it's inert. This is known as effects-based targeting. How exactly does the North plan on notifying remote, dug-in artillery positions that another portion of their country is under attack, if someone has cut their lines of communication?

Back