• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

I prefer to spend time with people who aren't afraid of a dissenting opinion, so our near-miss appears to be a win-win.

Lol, I am certainly not afraid of dissenting opinions, considering I have been the possessor of too many of them in my short life. While I am certainly a strong liberal, I don't know enough about many topics to have an educated opinion. You'll notice my absence in many threads on this board for that very reason. But when I am participating, I welcome conversation (ask Wrangor, we had a delightful back and forth last week).

You appear to be conflating general disagreement with opinions with being afraid of them. To me, being wrong is not a bad thing. But I want to be proven wrong, not just told. There has to be substance or I won't accept the premises of the discussion. I don't think that makes me afraid.

Lol, I am certainly not afraid of dissenting opinions, considering I have been the possessor of too many of them in my short life. While I am certainly a strong liberal, I don't know enough about many topics to have an educated opinion. You'll notice my absence in many threads on this board for that very reason. But when I am participating, I welcome conversation (ask Wrangor, we had a delightful back and forth last week).

You appear to be conflating general disagreement with opinions with being afraid of them. To me, being wrong is not a bad thing. But I want to be proven wrong, not just told. There has to be substance or I won't accept the premises of the discussion. I don't think that makes me afraid.

If you're into declarative statements, name-calling and shouting at people who do not accept your view of things, I recommend dv7.

Which one is revisionist and which one straight forward?

straightforward: Since the end of Reconstruction, the majority political party in former Confederate states, on both the national and local level, has been full of racist assholes actively opposing racial equality.

revisionist: The party of Abraham Lincoln and the party of Jeff Sessions are the same in name, ideals, platform, and attitudes towards African Americans.

It never ceases to amuse me that you (and others) are more concerned with blaming Democrats for being racist rather than denouncing racism in general. It does not matter what political party was associated with such racism at whatever point in time in American history. It's much more important that we try to erase it and move forward. But present-day Republicans do not seem to want to do that.

Wow. I agree with the sentiment of erasing racism present day. My time on the tunnels has left me with the impression that racism is much too powerful of a tool with which to bash republicans to get rid of. Glad to see you are not in that camp.

I can't tell if knowell knows he's trolling or thinks he's having a serious discussion.

We're back to the point where dv7 decides to call people who disagree with him names. What's not-that-old is new again.

Breaking: Cyber-Dude Calls Strangers on the Internet Names.

Rumors breaking that Trump has called Turkish President Erdogan to congratulate him on winning his sham referendum to consolidate executive power. Good grief I hope that's not true.

Sent from my LG-H872 using Tapatalk

Back