• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

We're back to the point where dv7 decides to call people who disagree with him names. What's not-that-old is new again.

Breaking: Cyber-Dude Calls Strangers on the Internet Names.

Yep. I failed in holding you accountable for your posts and thoughts. I'm sorry.

You still haven't engaged me with anything that could be considered a rational thought. And for that, you're a coward.

ha more WWI-zingers

"It's actually really challenging for them to do anything into the South [because] there's a lot of minefields, and the North knows about them," explained Baker. "All the roads up there have those big anti-tank giant concrete overpasses or pillars that are all set to blow, so they block roads and delay." But North Korea might spend day one moving troops into the south in biplanes. (Yes, tactical biplanes.) It'll be an effort to survive long enough to turn it into a guerrilla war and "maybe cause enough casualties that it changes the political dynamic in the US or China intervenes to protect [North Korea]."

_82156016_mm00229827.jpg

Yep. I failed in holding you accountable for your posts and thoughts. I'm sorry.

You still haven't engaged me with anything that could be considered a rational thought. And for that, you're a coward.

I did. I gave you a counterexample. You asked me to stop. Because you said so. I assumed you meant it, which was more than fine with me.

I guess you can pretend that didn't happen. I know you will.

Everyone in 1860 was a racist. Lincoln didn't actively oppose racial equality however, in fact quite the opposite.

:squint:

He literally believed black folks and white folks couldn't live together equally. He was anti-slavery, but not pro-equality. He wanted black folk to "GO BACK TO AFRICA" ! So, in a way, the Party of Lincoln moniker is appropriate.

At what expense to our soldiers in the region and the millions of Koreans and Japanese within striking distance of their conventional weapons?

It's unreal that we let it get to this point. What an utter failure of leadership by Obama.

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about in regards to how it all unfolded with North Korea since the "end" of the Korean War. Many, many Presidents and administrations let it get to this point. Many, many Presidents just passed the puck down the line. Obama is one of those Presidents, to be sure. But to put it all on him? Fuck off, that is so misguided. I'll explain why if you really, really want me to....

But I deplore you to stay silent because I guarantee you that I know more about this particular issue than you do. I'm not trying to show my dick, but I know more, I've studied this region nearly religiously.

And with that said, this is the one region that truly has me freaking out -- ask my wife -- I'm terrified, I am truly terrified.

And blaming Obama? You're a damn simpleton. This is such a deeply complicated issue and you just try to boil it down to one President 30 year past the start of the conflict. Utter jackass move, Pimp Rummy. Utter jackass move.

1. I am shocked you think you know a lot about a subject. Shocked, I tell you.
2. What did Obama do to disrupt NK's program?
3. What did even attempt"?
4. Given where we are now, did "strategic patience" work or no?

1) Cool.
2) Considering that NK achieved having nuclear weapons under George W. Bush's watch, I'm not sure what Obama, or any President, could have done after that to "disrupt" their program at that point without risking grave consequences for South Korea and Japan, as well as the tens of thousands of US soldiers in the region.
3) Surely, you jest with this one... but I'll play along. The Obama administration went though the UN to tighten sanctions on North Korea, used cyber warfare to disrupt NK's missile program, worked with China to heavily reduce the import of NK coal (a huge blow to their economy, and moved anti-ICBM technology to South Korea to help reduce the risk of a nuclear tipped missile reaching far off locations.
4) No. But it is a hell of a lot better than the complete destruction of Seoul and other South Korean cities within miles of the DMZ with thousands of pieces of artillery positioned in the mountains on NK's side of the border.

This is an insanely complicated problem and "just bomb them" is one of the most short-sighted ideas that there could be on the issue. That would sign the death certificates of millions of people and thousands of US troops near the 38th.

Did that work? I don't think that worked. It didn't work, did it?

Cool, Captain Contrarian! What would you have done?

Question, and I'd appreciate a yes/no response.

Would you bomb North Korea right now?

If yes, I have a follow up question. If no, please explain why. Thanks!

It depends on what the intelligence says about their ability to counterstrike. I am not convinced they have the capability to strike back, given the fact that most of their country is without electricity.

You are an idiot then with no actual knowledge of the situation at hand.

Goodbye.

I did. I gave you a counterexample. You asked me to stop. Because you said so. I assumed you meant it, which was more than fine with me.

I guess you can pretend that didn't happen. I know you will.

I call bullshit.

:squint:

He literally believed black folks and white folks couldn't live together equally. He was anti-slavery, but not pro-equality. He wanted black folk to "GO BACK TO AFRICA" ! So, in a way, the Party of Lincoln moniker is appropriate.

Party of 1860's would be accurate. If you go back more than 50 years or so you are going to struggle to find many prominent individuals without some abhorrent views, it's called progress for a reason.

I think it's safe to say that Lincoln as public official advanced the cause of equality for African Americans in the U.S.

The promotion of racial separatism is the logical conclusion of all people who dismiss and/or forgive racism as natural and inevitable. Malcolm X and the Black Panthers promoted racial separatism, as do nearly all white supremacist groups. Separatism is in the same family of ideas as racial segregation and freedom of association.

This thread has been very entertaining recently. However, I don't think that DV7 should try to debate anything with JHMD...unless it is something about European Soccer.

JHMD is without a doubt one of the sharpest, most intelligent posters on this board....and also probably one of the most successful in life and in his chosen career.

There seems to be quite a few posters on these boards whose parents didn't get their money's worth from that high-dollar WFU education.

This thread has been very entertaining recently. However, I don't think that DV7 should try to debate anything with JHMD...unless it is something about European Soccer.

JHMD is without a doubt one of the sharpest, most intelligent posters on this board....and also probably one of the most successful in life and in his chosen career.

There seems to be quite a few posters on these boards whose parents didn't get their money's worth from that high-dollar WFU education.

lol

quick point of order: does anyone have intel on whether or not NK artillery requires electricity? asking for a friend
Point of order: that isn't actually a point of order. You misuse this one a lot. Point of information, perhaps?

Woo hoo!
Neither of my parents went to WFU!

Back