• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

Oh. But that's like saying doofus' or irish's names weren't posted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has dv7 posted work that he's published on this board?

He probably has the most selfies in the "reveal yourself" thread, for example

Well not selfies, but I remember like at least 5 couple shots

I love how people will post intricate details of their life including but not limited to the exact size and dimensions of their dick, but heaven forbid people know your name/ Facebook account.

So trump doesn't seem to know who the leader of North Korea is. Which is at least a little troubling, I would think

Last edited:
maxresdefault.jpg

Can I bring Bud's personal life into the boards now? Please? May I?

It's not hard to find.

Randleman HS '64, (Basketball, Captain & All-Conference and Student Body President 1963-64); Wake Forest University,'68 (BBA, Economics); Married since 1968; US Army (1969-71), Family Business 1973-92, Financial Services 1994-2014 (Financial Representative for Modern Woodmen of America, a national fraternal non-profit financial services company), Randleman Board of Aldermen 1985 thru 1991 & 1999 thru 2011, Randleman Lions Club, 1974 thru 2004 (President 1976, 1995 & 2003; Secretary 1981 thru 1993); Past Member Board of Directors Asheboro-Randolph YMCA & Chamber of Commerce; City of Randleman United Way Chairman 1974 thru 1976.

The cold reality is that North Korea saw the river card and now holds the winning hand. They should have been chased out of the hand long before they got there, but they stayed in the hand and caught the card they needed and now it's up for us as a global community to deal with it and limit our losses.

Once a state has deliverable nuclear weapons (and make no mistake, North Korea has deliverable nuclear weapons which cannot be guaranteed to wiped out in a first strike - the Rodong missiles which are basically just modified SCUDs are easy to move and hide and very reliable) they cannot be credibly threatened with military force. That's the entire purpose of the deterrence capability of nuclear weapons. North Korea has credible deterrence, and any scenario must acknowledge that. Armed Forces are not omnipotent, and when faced with weapons of mass destruction (and remember, North Korea has 5,000 tons of nerve gas they can deliver by missile or artillery as well) they cannot act as they would otherwise.

So - the global community wants something (the removal of nuclear weapons and delivery systems from the Korean peninsula) but has no forcible way of doing so as long as the current regime stays in place. The current regime wants something (to stay in place) and therefore has no real incentive to cooperate with the global community. Any solution on the Korean peninsula is going to have to make the Kim family and their inner circle feel secure in their position leading the country, and very few things make you feel as secure as your own stock of nuclear tipped missiles. Thus you have this stalemate and not much is going to really "work" as jhmd wants. You can threaten and cajole all you want, but nuclear armed states basically get to do whatever the fuck they want because they have nukes. That's why we work so damn hard to make sure more states don't get them - it trumps literally EVERYTHING.

There are lessons to learn from states who did voluntarily give up a nuclear arsenal. South Africa did it before the end of apartheid due to regime change (and the ugly probability that white south africans didn't want to see a "black" bomb). Ukraine, Kazakhstan and Belarus again gave up their arsenals due to regime change at the end of the Soviet Union and in return for enormous Scrooge McDuck sized bags of cash in addition to automatic elevation to respected status with various international bodies required to jump start their economies. That's the entire list of nations who have given up functional arsenals.

The other possible lessons could come from Brazil and Argentina who maintained weapons development programs into the 1990s before recognizing the rivalry was costing enormous amounts of money and threatened to make both into pariahs states globally. They signed a treaty together and jointly ended their programs before joining the larger global anti-proliferation community.

It's unlikely that North Korea is going to undergo regime change in the near future like South Africa and the former Soviet Republics, and they have already embraced their status as a pariah state so further threatening them with that will have little effect. The only possibility is to draw them out of that shell and into a situtation where bilateral step back ala the Argentina/Brazil model is possibly attractive. Allowing them to slowly rejoin the global community means the threat of a return to pariah status with begin to have some leverage, and giving them security guarantees (via the removal of at least a portion of US troops stationed in South Korea for a start, and God knows what else) may create space to start negotiating limiting their capabilities.

The reality is that North Korea is going to have to be bought off. And it's going to cost HUGELY. And it's going to require losing "face" and look weak. The price to get rid of nuclear weapons is astronomical, which is why spending the money or making the concessions (see: Iran) required to keep them being constructed in the first place is always worth it. The global community gambled that a small backwards ass country couldn't actually develop a functional weapons program and refused to make the concessions required to stop North Korea from continuing with it (dating back to the 70s and 80s here) and lost that bet, badly. Now it's time to pay up. It's going to suck, but there really aren't any other options.

Senator John McCain admitted just yesterday that we couldn't even think about hitting all NK artillery positions in the mountains/hills because we don't know where they all are.

The fuck are you talking about?

But can he find the Air War College on a map?

It's not hard to find.

Randleman HS '64, (Basketball, Captain & All-Conference and Student Body President 1963-64); Wake Forest University,'68 (BBA, Economics); Married since 1968; US Army (1969-71), Family Business 1973-92, Financial Services 1994-2014 (Financial Representative for Modern Woodmen of America, a national fraternal non-profit financial services company), Randleman Board of Aldermen 1985 thru 1991 & 1999 thru 2011, Randleman Lions Club, 1974 thru 2004 (President 1976, 1995 & 2003; Secretary 1981 thru 1993); Past Member Board of Directors Asheboro-Randolph YMCA & Chamber of Commerce; City of Randleman United Way Chairman 1974 thru 1976.

What were you doing in 1972? Seems irresponsible to not be working for a year with a wife and kid counting on you. Was this your BillBrasky year?

But can he find the Air War College on a map?

He can. He has a credible opinion. No offense.

I forget that I'm talking to people who have managed to convince themselves that they have a worthy opinion of the plight of minorities and the poor, despite having gone to great measures to attend a school that costs $60,000.00 per year and is whiter than a Holderness family video. There really is no limit to the things you guys have convinced yourselves you have a credible opinion about. If the end results didn't matter, it would be impressive.

Last edited:
He can. He has a credible opinion. No offense.

I forget that I'm talking to people who have managed to convince themselves that they have a worthy opinion of the plight of minorities and the poor, despite having gone to great measures to attend a school that costs $60,000.00 per year and is whiter than a Holderness family video. There really is no limit to the things you guys have convinced yourselves you have a credible opinion about. If the end results didn't matter, it would be impressive.

At least I know that NK artillery doesn't need electricity to operate. So point for me.

At least I know that NK artillery doesn't need electricity to operate. So point for me.

They need to communicate in order to operate. Effects-based targeting is not a new concept to people who plan air campaigns.

To review: you do not have to hit the artillery if you hit C&C&C centers of gravity. An idle weapon cannot hurt you.

Last edited:
Back