• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

Justify it however you like.

Making informed investment choices really isn't something that needs to be justified. You think the people managing your 401k arent doing the same stuff?

the doomsday clock hasn't been this close to midnight since 1953. this isn't hysteria but this isn't a joke either.

The fact that it's closer now than in October 1962 or during much of the cold war really undermines the credibility of this arbitrary metric.

Making informed investment choices really isn't something that needs to be justified. You think the people managing your 401k arent doing the same stuff?

#whytrumpandtherightcontrolseverything

China and Trump

I keep track of the companies, funds, etc. that I am invested in and with. Do you? The people I invest with know this and we talk about it.

I have a few basics that are easy enough to follow: no prisons, no fracking or fossil fuels, no military industrial complex, etc. You get the idea. I'm sure I could be making more money, but this is what morality looks like to me.

Last edited:
The fact that it's closer now than in October 1962 or during much of the cold war really undermines the credibility of this arbitrary metric.

well that's a good point. but i would say that the clock doesn't reflect individual, specific nuclear crises, because those tend to play out over a matter of hours. it's more of a reflection of overall stability of global geopolitics than a measure of individual crises. but you are right that it's arbitrary and also therefore subject to biased political influences.

Why? Is it really that difficult to imagine issues sparking with a wild card prez and all the flash points and political transitions happening right now?

Last edited:
You mean Tillerson is traveling to China without the press like Kim and other dictators do?

Reminder: Most of what the talking heads say about Trump is useless & ignores he may actually want war with North Korea.

Back