• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Thread Derailed Completely

Reminder: Most of what the talking heads say about Trump is useless & ignores he may actually want war with North Korea.

Maybe semantics, but he's much more likely to just carpet bomb the entire country.

Trump, China and North Korea

Agreed. Maybe he'll let Ted Cruz do some targeted carpet bombing.

Well it's been a good run guys, 70 years without a nuclear war.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

At least it's all the way over there. Bummer about the reliable cars and cheap TVs, though. I guess I'll never get to play the new Zelda now

So not even 3 months on the job and he's failed his signature domestic bill, launched a fucked-up SEAL mission on shitty intel, allowed another gas attack in Syria and is apparently antagonizing the worlds craziest dictator, who just happens to have nuclear weapons.

And the trumpettes are talking about Clintons interactions with the Russians

Last edited:
I wouldn't be surprised if China is pushing NK to be bellicose (or really just encouraging them to be themselves) so that they can then use NK as a chip in trade negotiations with America. "We will keep NK and Kim Jong-Un restrained and on a leash but we need something in return."

BIG MEDIA always seems to indicate that NK is more of a headache/concern for China and less of a bargaining chip. Any war in Korea would create a refugee crisis for China

BIG MEDIA always seems to indicate that NK is more of a headache/concern for China and less of a bargaining chip. Any war in Korea would create a refugee crisis for China

Meh. China uses NK for whatever it wants. To me, China is definitely a net positive on a broader international scale even if it's a local agitator

Good recent article on the relationship: https://www.theatlantic.com/interna...ng-un-nuclear-beijing-pyongyang-thaad/519348/

Concluding paragraph: "But we should also temper expectations. Unless the upcoming summit reaches a grand bargain that stabilizes U.S.-China relations across the board, the risks that the Trump administration will push back against China on trade and security will remain high and China will have little incentive to help America out where North Korea is concerned. If anything, the unfolding crisis in North Korea could get far more dangerous."

i wish we could use a country for whatever we want...

1272993947187.gif~c200

I like how a refugee crisis for China, a beacon of proper human rights, is a concern. They are liable to land mine the border, man it and mow down anyone attempting to enter.

i mean, could put a strain on their landmine, bullet and machine gun barrel reserves

At least it's all the way over there. Bummer about the reliable cars and cheap TVs, though. I guess I'll never get to play the new Zelda now

So not even 3 months on the job and he's failed his signature domestic bill, launched a fucked-up SEAL mission on shitty intel, allowed another gas attack in Syria and is apparently antagonizing the worlds craziest dictator, who just happens to have nuclear weapons.

And the trumpettes are talking about Clintons interactions with the Russians

Let's see. Obama had some kind of deal with the Russians to get chemical weapons out of Syria. Yet the use of those weapons is Trump's fault. The things you learn on this board.

I would advise the South Koreans that their neighbors are their problem, then withdraw all the troops.

Back