• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

"Torture Works"

Obama got a lot of things wrong. He got the idea of how we must behave relative to prisoners spot friggin' on. Trump, with this ends justifies the means bullshit, pretty much will destroy whatever is left of Western values unless he stands back and lets someone more sane lead on this point.

Obama got it wrong like every other POTUS save, W, since the first Geneva Convention got it wrong?

You guys realize that his whole defense of torture is based on watching movies, right?

I'm not sure if he realizes that saying we are going to deal with ISIS by fighting fire with fire, that means we are going to be just like ISIS.

Trump's way around the Geneva Convention will be a grotesque attempt to rewrite the Army Field Manual and the Universal Code of Military Justice to make his torture "legal".

Steongly oppose torturing terrorists, strongly support public beatings of neo-Nazis. Makes sense.

Every single person who voted in support of mob justice for neo-Nazis on the other thread, don't even try to claim you have a problem with the torture of terrorists. Hypocrites.

We are gonna be just like ISIS.

Sans beheadings, rapes, cover you in kerosene and burn you in a cage, have little kids shoot people on the beach.

We are not quite going there, apparently.

Steongly oppose torturing terrorists, strongly support public beatings of neo-Nazis. Makes sense.

I'm not the one sympathizing with Nazis. You carry that burden alone. Well, you and the rest of the alt-right trolls you idolize.

I am neither for torture, nor for consequence-free beatings of nazis who are not immediately threatening someone else.

I'm not the one sympathizing with Nazis. You carry that burden alone. Well, you and the rest of the alt-right trolls you idolize.

I am neither for torture, nor for consequence-free beatings of nazis who are not immediately threatening someone else.

Opposing mob justice and beatdowns for citizens who hold legally protected unpopular views does not equate to sympathizing with nazis.

Opposing mob justice and beatdowns for citizens who hold legally protected unpopular views does not equate to sympathizing with nazis.

You said that punching him in the face made him sympathetic. Who else but you felt sympathy for him? Even Knowell wouldn't admit to that.

I don't think you are a nazi. I think less of you because you are a nazi sympathizer, and I don't think history reflects well on those who do.

But be proud. We live in President Trump's America. You can coddle Nazis all you like as long as you are willing to risk getting punched in the face. And if I see you get blasted by a Nazi hater, I'll be the first one to report it to the police.

You guys realize that his whole defense of torture is based on watching movies, right?

Well it certainly wasn't based on reading books about it.

We have a President who doesn't read. Let that soak in for a minute.

You said that punching him in the face made him sympathetic. Who else but you felt sympathy for him? Even Knowell wouldn't admit to that.

I don't think you are a nazi. I think less of you because you are a nazi sympathizer, and I don't think history reflects well on those who do.

But be proud. We live in President Trump's America. You can coddle Nazis all you like as long as you are willing to risk getting punched in the face. And if I see you get blasted by a Nazi hater, I'll be the first one to report it to the police.
What I said was:
All that punch did is generate publicity for him and his ideas and sympathy for him.
Now go read the Youtube comments- plenty of people are expressing sympathy for him, even if they are not sympathetic towards his ideas. It's a natural reaction to seeing another person debased. Similarly, it tends to be a reason why people oppose torture and were appalled by the Abu Ghraib pictures. Empathy might be a better choice of word than sympathy- they see an angry mob assaulting someone or someone humiliated in a degrading fashion and they imagine themselves in that position. They aren't thinking about what the person did, all they see is what is being done to the person. Do I really have to explain human nature to you? As for me, I felt a mild revulsion but didn't think anything of it till the "punch a Nazi" thread appeared. Sort of a "Meh, that sucks, but oh well."

Every single person who voted in support of mob justice for neo-Nazis on the other thread, don't even try to claim you have a problem with the torture of terrorists. Hypocrites.

I have no problem with punch terrorists in the face, but I do have a problem with using it as a tool to gather reliable information.

"President Trump has tapped Gina Haspel to be the deputy director of the CIA, making her second-in-command behind Mike Pompeo.

Reports have linked her to the CIA’s controversial interrogation program, identifying her as a recurring character in a 6,000-page report from the Senate Intelligence Committee detailing the agency’s use of techniques considered torture by the international community.

In 2002, a female officer believed to be Haspel reportedly ran a secret prison in Thailand where two detainees were subjected to waterboarding and other enhanced interrogation techniques used to get information from al-Qaeda captives following the Sept. 11 attacks.

She has also been linked to the 2005 destruction of video tapes of those interrogation sessions — a high-profile incident that prompted a criminal investigation but did not result in charges."

http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/317629-trump-taps-first-woman-to-cia-second-in-command

Back