• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Maybe we’d be better off if congressional seats had to be split equally among qualified parties, assuring no political party majorities

I really didn't think this could get any worse.

I've been mad since November. Now I'm just really sad. I guess I'm a snowflake.

Nerd sidebar for Ph - imagine the fury the "those places are shitholes" crowd is going to feel when they see Wakanda portrayed as more advanced than 'Murica in every way.

Nerd sidebar for Ph - imagine the fury the "those places are shitholes" crowd is going to feel when they see Wakanda portrayed as more advanced than 'Murica in every way.

And Marvel make shit tons of money in the process. Black Panther has more presales that Civil War. And that made $1.15 billion worldwide.

For people who haven't seen the Black Panther trailer, the gif is from a conversation about how an African country is most certainly not a shithole.

Posted by a friend of a friend on Facebook who does research in El Salvador:

"I’m thinking this morning of one of my interviews in El Salvador with a woman who is now about my age. She didn’t realize there was a war going on in El Salvador until about age 7 (1981), when the US trained and funded Salvadoran armed forces came into her village shooting—one of the many documented massacres of the war. Her father was in the fields and instead of running away, he ran back to the village to try to help the women and children escape. My respondent was seven. She was dragging her toddler brother. Her mother was running with her baby sister in her arms. They were all unarmed. She remembers bullets flying all around them as they fled, soldiers chasing them from behind. She remembers the sound her father made when he was struck in the back with a bullet, and the thud his body made when it hit the ground. She remembers realizing that she had to keep running with her little brother, and leave her father to die alone. Seven years old. The community was burned. All their crops were destroyed. Their animals slaughtered. They made it to a refugee camp, but only after the baby died from exposure. Years later, they had to leave the refugee camps and come back to El Salvador and start over with nothing but the clothes on their back. They had to rebuild their homes and replant their fields from scratch. Imagine your own children going through this experience. Imagine your own life and livelihood destroyed in this way. Then imagine that the same country that trained and funded the soldiers who shot your father, razed your village, and left your baby sister to die of exposure just called your country a shithole."

I did some volunteer work for an organization that worked with Salvadoran and Guatemalan refugees in the 1980s. Most of their stories were harrowing and quite moving, and they were so grateful for the assistance. That was probably the most gratifying place I've ever worked for.

Posted by a friend of a friend on Facebook who does research in El Salvador:

"I’m thinking this morning of one of my interviews in El Salvador with a woman who is now about my age. She didn’t realize there was a war going on in El Salvador until about age 7 (1981), when the US trained and funded Salvadoran armed forces came into her village shooting—one of the many documented massacres of the war. Her father was in the fields and instead of running away, he ran back to the village to try to help the women and children escape. My respondent was seven. She was dragging her toddler brother. Her mother was running with her baby sister in her arms. They were all unarmed. She remembers bullets flying all around them as they fled, soldiers chasing them from behind. She remembers the sound her father made when he was struck in the back with a bullet, and the thud his body made when it hit the ground. She remembers realizing that she had to keep running with her little brother, and leave her father to die alone. Seven years old. The community was burned. All their crops were destroyed. Their animals slaughtered. They made it to a refugee camp, but only after the baby died from exposure. Years later, they had to leave the refugee camps and come back to El Salvador and start over with nothing but the clothes on their back. They had to rebuild their homes and replant their fields from scratch. Imagine your own children going through this experience. Imagine your own life and livelihood destroyed in this way. Then imagine that the same country that trained and funded the soldiers who shot your father, razed your village, and left your baby sister to die of exposure just called your country a shithole."

Sweet Jesus. That story is upsetting.

Just thought about how this is going to help China continue to spread their influence in Africa. In 3 more years, the US may be splitting world leadership with Germany and China. The next president is going to have a tough time gaining ground.

22krok.jpg

Just thought about how this is going to help China continue to spread their influence in Africa. In 3 more years, the US may be splitting world leadership with Germany and China. The next president is going to have a tough time gaining ground.

...And central America, where they've been trying to convice the Nicaraguas the let them build a canal to compete with the US/financed built Panama canal/

Back