• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

What is breathtaking is not only the ignorance, but the total confidence to broadcast that ignorance on a daily basis.

He's just listening to his voters if we're being honest. The man is the incarnation of email forwards.

local NPR station has an ongoing thing where they check in with Trump voters around the state (of PA) and it's illuminating

local NPR station has an ongoing thing where they check in with Trump voters around the state (of PA) and it's illuminating

I think I've seen one. Links?

i legit think it's worth listening to because it's almost hard to believe there are people who are thinking critically and support Trump.

I think a lot of people still trust him. That his ends will justify his means. They don't care what he says or how he accomplishes the things he promised. Even if he doesn't accomplish what he promised, they will continue to believe that if he can't do it, no one can. That's how trust/support and out right biases tend to work.

Had article in Sunday News and Record with 7 Trump supporters and I was struck by how much each one needed a civics refresher and how immune each one was to the lies that he tells. These were by no means rubes, several retirees, a student, and several employed individuals. In general, they blamed everyone else for Trump not accomplishing what he had promised to do on day one.

And yet everyone's richer. Trump is doing a fantastic job

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NT Possible

John Dickerson: Did President Obama give you any advice that was helpful? That you think, wow, he really was--

Donald Trump: -- Well, he was very nice to me. But after that, we've had some difficulties. So it doesn't matter. You know, words are less important to me than deeds. And you-- you saw what happened with surveillance. And everybody saw what happened with surveillance--

John Dickerson: Difficulties how?

Donald Trump: -- and I thought that -- well, you saw what happened with surveillance. And I think that was inappropriate, but that's the way--

John Dickerson: What does that mean, sir?

Donald Trump: You can figure that out yourself.

John Dickerson: Well, I-- the reason I ask is you said he was-- you called him "sick and bad".

Donald Trump: Look, you can figure it out yourself. He was very nice to me with words, but-- and when I was with him -- but after that, there has been no relationship.

John Dickerson: But you stand by that claim about him?

Donald Trump: I don't stand by anything. I just-- you can take it the way you want. I think our side's been proven very strongly. And everybody's talking about it. And frankly it should be discussed. I think that is a very big surveillance of our citizens. I think it's a very big topic. And it's a topic that should be number one. And we should find out what the hell is going on.

John Dickerson: I just wanted to find out, though. You're-- you're the president of the United States. You said he was "sick and bad" because he had tapped you-- I'm just--

Donald Trump: You can take-- any way. You can take it any way you want.
John Dickerson: But I'm asking you. Because you don't want it to be--

Donald Trump: You don't--

John Dickerson: --fake news. I want to hear it from--

Donald Trump: You don't have to--

John Dickerson: --President Trump.

Donald Trump: --ask me. You don't have to ask me.

John Dickerson: Why not?

Donald Trump: Because I have my own opinions. You can have your own opinions.

John Dickerson: But I want to know your opinions. You're the president of the United States.

Donald Trump: Okay, it's enough. Thank you. Thank you very much.

I think a lot of people still trust him. That his ends will justify his means. They don't care what he says or how he accomplishes the things he promised. Even if he doesn't accomplish what he promised, they will continue to believe that if he can't do it, no one can. That's how trust/support and out right biases tend to work.

Hasan Minaj (sp?) made the comment at the correspondents dinner that we are now in an age where trust is more important that truth. His speech was pretty funny but very prescient too. He does a good job with that kind of thing.

Hasan Minaj (sp?) made the comment at the correspondents dinner that we are now in an age where trust is more important that truth. His speech was pretty funny but very prescient too. He does a good job with that kind of thing.

His stuff on CNN was amazing.

"Trust is more important than truth" is just the next extension of Colbert's "truthiness" from his first episode of the Report.

His stuff on CNN was amazing.

"Trust is more important than truth" is just the next extension of Colbert's "truthiness" from his first episode of the Report.

It's evolved though...truthiness was talking about stuff that was rooted in true facts, but selectively presented and presented in ways that injected feeling and opinion...now we are dealing with outright lies that are presented as fact and in many cases have no roots in actual facts.

It's evolved though...truthiness was talking about stuff that was rooted in true facts, but selectively presented and presented in ways that injected feeling and opinion...now we are dealing with outright lies that are presented as fact and in many cases have no roots in actual facts.

Sure. Feel free to substitute "evolution" for "extension" in my post.

Back