Page 15 of 591 FirstFirst ... 510111213141516171819202565115515 ... LastLast
Results 281 to 300 of 11820

Thread: Bullshit Trump Says

  1. #281
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    Quote Originally Posted by avalon View Post
    What is breathtaking is not only the ignorance, but the total confidence to broadcast that ignorance on a daily basis.
    He's just listening to his voters if we're being honest. The man is the incarnation of email forwards.

  2. #282
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,918
    local NPR station has an ongoing thing where they check in with Trump voters around the state (of PA) and it's illuminating

  3. #283
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Quote Originally Posted by ImTheCaptain View Post
    local NPR station has an ongoing thing where they check in with Trump voters around the state (of PA) and it's illuminating
    I think I've seen one. Links?

  4. #284
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,918
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    I think I've seen one. Links?
    I Voted Trump, Part 3: What’s changed for Trump supporters after his 100 days in office?

  5. #285
    Never Murdered My FIL
    Deacfreak07's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    'Murica
    Posts
    65,763
    If I listen will I learn more than "rubes won't care"?

  6. #286
    I disagree with you
    ImTheCaptain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pennsylvania
    Posts
    45,918
    i legit think it's worth listening to because it's almost hard to believe there are people who are thinking critically and support Trump.

  7. #287
    I think a lot of people still trust him. That his ends will justify his means. They don't care what he says or how he accomplishes the things he promised. Even if he doesn't accomplish what he promised, they will continue to believe that if he can't do it, no one can. That's how trust/support and out right biases tend to work.

  8. #288
    Robert O'Kelley
    dot com's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Winston-Salem
    Posts
    7,473
    Quote Originally Posted by Deacfreak07 View Post
    Maybe some sort of compromise could have been worked out.
    You'd have to do it somewhere centrally located, like Missouri.

  9. #289
    Steve Lepore
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Greensboro,NC
    Posts
    1,292
    Had article in Sunday News and Record with 7 Trump supporters and I was struck by how much each one needed a civics refresher and how immune each one was to the lies that he tells. These were by no means rubes, several retirees, a student, and several employed individuals. In general, they blamed everyone else for Trump not accomplishing what he had promised to do on day one.

  10. #290
    THE quintessential dwarf dartsndeacs's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    paradise
    Posts
    46,167
    And yet everyone's richer. Trump is doing a fantastic job


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    just drivin' round in John Voight's car

  11. #291
    NT Possible

    John Dickerson: Did President Obama give you any advice that was helpful? That you think, wow, he really was--

    Donald Trump: -- Well, he was very nice to me. But after that, we've had some difficulties. So it doesn't matter. You know, words are less important to me than deeds. And you-- you saw what happened with surveillance. And everybody saw what happened with surveillance--

    John Dickerson: Difficulties how?

    Donald Trump: -- and I thought that -- well, you saw what happened with surveillance. And I think that was inappropriate, but that's the way--

    John Dickerson: What does that mean, sir?

    Donald Trump: You can figure that out yourself.

    John Dickerson: Well, I-- the reason I ask is you said he was-- you called him "sick and bad".

    Donald Trump: Look, you can figure it out yourself. He was very nice to me with words, but-- and when I was with him -- but after that, there has been no relationship.

    John Dickerson: But you stand by that claim about him?

    Donald Trump: I don't stand by anything. I just-- you can take it the way you want. I think our side's been proven very strongly. And everybody's talking about it. And frankly it should be discussed. I think that is a very big surveillance of our citizens. I think it's a very big topic. And it's a topic that should be number one. And we should find out what the hell is going on.

    John Dickerson: I just wanted to find out, though. You're-- you're the president of the United States. You said he was "sick and bad" because he had tapped you-- I'm just--

    Donald Trump: You can take-- any way. You can take it any way you want.
    John Dickerson: But I'm asking you. Because you don't want it to be--

    Donald Trump: You don't--

    John Dickerson: --fake news. I want to hear it from--

    Donald Trump: You don't have to--

    John Dickerson: --President Trump.

    Donald Trump: --ask me. You don't have to ask me.

    John Dickerson: Why not?

    Donald Trump: Because I have my own opinions. You can have your own opinions.

    John Dickerson: But I want to know your opinions. You're the president of the United States.

    Donald Trump: Okay, it's enough. Thank you. Thank you very much.

  12. #292
    Quote Originally Posted by Demonwolverine View Post
    I think a lot of people still trust him. That his ends will justify his means. They don't care what he says or how he accomplishes the things he promised. Even if he doesn't accomplish what he promised, they will continue to believe that if he can't do it, no one can. That's how trust/support and out right biases tend to work.
    Hasan Minaj (sp?) made the comment at the correspondents dinner that we are now in an age where trust is more important that truth. His speech was pretty funny but very prescient too. He does a good job with that kind of thing.

  13. #293
    Donald Trump: I don't stand by anything
    QFP

  14. #294
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    Hasan Minaj (sp?) made the comment at the correspondents dinner that we are now in an age where trust is more important that truth. His speech was pretty funny but very prescient too. He does a good job with that kind of thing.
    His stuff on CNN was amazing.

    "Trust is more important than truth" is just the next extension of Colbert's "truthiness" from his first episode of the Report.

  15. #295

  16. #296
    Quote Originally Posted by PhDeac View Post
    His stuff on CNN was amazing.

    "Trust is more important than truth" is just the next extension of Colbert's "truthiness" from his first episode of the Report.
    It's evolved though...truthiness was talking about stuff that was rooted in true facts, but selectively presented and presented in ways that injected feeling and opinion...now we are dealing with outright lies that are presented as fact and in many cases have no roots in actual facts.

  17. #297
    Quote Originally Posted by WFFaithful View Post
    QFP
    It's maybe the only true thing he's ever said.

  18. #298
    Quote Originally Posted by WakeForestRanger View Post
    2% of people regret voting for Trump

  19. #299

  20. #300
    PM a mod to cement your internet status forever
    PhDeac's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    119,786
    Quote Originally Posted by birdman View Post
    It's evolved though...truthiness was talking about stuff that was rooted in true facts, but selectively presented and presented in ways that injected feeling and opinion...now we are dealing with outright lies that are presented as fact and in many cases have no roots in actual facts.
    Sure. Feel free to substitute "evolution" for "extension" in my post.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •