• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

He's not alone. He has plenty of support.

He should be paranoid. They're coming for him.

He's not isolated. He has the support of an entire political party apparatus.

He may not be hearing the footsteps. He ultimately controls the footsteps as long as the Republicans let him.

I've gotten into this with a former friend who used to always say "you pick on grammatical errors when you have nothing else to argue." Not only is that not true, but this is how I explained it to him:

It takes approximately 2 seconds to see that red line under an incorrectly spelled word on, say, Facebook and check for the recommended spellings. If the word you're looking for isn't on that list, it would take about 15 seconds to Google it. Given that you didn't even put that tiny bit of effort into your opinion/post, it doesn't really lead me to believe that you have put forth the requisite time and effort to cultivate a reasonable opinion on peace in the middle east, healthcare in America, or international economics.

Last edited:
did he care?

Nope. He seamlessly went into another tirade about Obama making going to tanning beds, hunting, and something else that "only affects white people" more difficult. I can't remember the third one. It's the same guy who made the "Hitler was fine until he started putting people in ovens" comment.

Last edited:
I've gotten into this with a former friend who used to always say "you pick on grammatical errors when you have nothing else to argue." Not only is that not true, but this is how I explained it to him:

It takes approximately 2 seconds to see that red line under an incorrectly spelled word on, say, Facebook and check for the recommended spellings. If the word you're looking for isn't on that list, it would take about 15 seconds to Google it. Given that you didn't even put that tiny bit of effort into your opinion/post, it doesn't really lead me to believe that you have put forth the requisite time and effort to cultivate a reasonable opinion on peace in the middle east, healthcare in America, or international economics.

To be fair, I am dyslexic, and I have a very hard time seeing those squiggly red lines on a computer screen. I don't know why, and maybe dyslexia has nothing to do with it, but people have been telling me for 25 years to "just look for the squiggly red lines" and I still miss at least 25% of them, especially when I am in a rush. Dyslexics' brains perceive the world, especially written text, differently then most folks and to learn to read we have to train our brains specifically how to do it. Anyway, Trump probably has some sort of learning disability, his speech patterns, the cadence of his sentences, indicate he never understood punctuation and sentence structure, which is another thing that dyslexics struggle with once they've mastered letters and words.

So, anyway, I'd argue that grammar and spelling are fair game to point out and mock, especially when it's the president who has a staff of hundreds that could edit his writing and speeches for him, but I don't think it means the writer is incapable to understanding more complicated things.

It's pretty messed up that the people who need the squiggly lines the most can't see some of them.

It's pretty messed up that the people who need the squiggly lines the most can't see some of them.

Yeah, add to that the green squiggly lines and now MSWord blue squiggly lines too. I don't even know what those are for. The worst would be a color blind dyslexic, I suppose.

ETA: fixed "MSwrod" because I didn't notice the red squiggly line until after I posted.

Could Wray have done this knowing the IG would never find anything while understanding Trump would never stop lying and bitching?

tanning is more difficult? jesus someone kick that guys ass

Tanning Industry, Taxed Under Obama, Cheers G.O.P. Health Bill

The tanning bed thing was just ridiculous, but alas, it was apparently a big deal for Pubs. Never mind that Obama was just trying to keep people from getting cancer.

And I certainly didn't mean to insult dyslexic people, or imply that they are incapable of understanding complex material. I guess I was more so building an argument around my moronic former friend, who I can almost assuredly say is not dyslexic.

I don't believe for a second that Trump's aids are purposefully misspelling words, but I do think the possibility of him having some sort of disability is interesting.

Last edited:
Tanning Industry, Taxed Under Obama, Cheers G.O.P. Health Bill

The tanning bed thing was just ridiculous, but alas, it was apparently a big deal for Pubs. Never mind that Obama was just trying to keep people from getting cancer.

And I certainly didn't mean to insult dyslexic people, or imply that they are incapable of understanding complex material. I guess I was more so building an argument around my moronic former friend, who I can almost assuredly say is not dyslexic.

I don't believe for a second that Trump's aids are purposefully misspelling words, but I do think the possibility of him having some sort of disability is interesting.

No offense taken. Incorrect spelling and bad grammar, are not a sign of low intelligence, most often they are a sign of laziness but sometimes they are a sign of a disability. I think your original point was that if someone is too lazy to check their grammer they are probably too lazy to thoroughly research complex geopolitical problems, which in a lot of cases could be true, but not always. One thing I think most of us agree on is that there is definitely something wrong with Trump.

Why is that such a big revelation? That's been the Republican Party position on media for decades. And it works.

Perhaps that was the GOP's big lesson learned from Watergate. Control more of the media so their narrative doesn't get out of hand.

It isn't a big revelation. But it should not be ignored. It's important to shine a light on this fascist tactic at every possible opportunity.

pretty snowflakey move. If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen softie pubs. that is what they expect out of workers in the labor force, yet they can't even handle the "rigor" of telling the truth and not fucking people over.

Back