• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

It is pretty stunning that our chief executive in charge of seeing that laws are enforced is openly warring with (and undermining the credibility of) the various departments that enforce the laws.

My only hope is that Trump hasn't completely stained the office by the time he leaves (is ousted), that America can return to normalcy.

Trump has paved the way for much worse to follow him. Maybe the country will realize the path it is now on and takes the appropriate action with constitutional amendments and laws to codify the norms we use to rely on. But that seems doubtful. I suppose we're lucky Trump and his clown car of idiots exposed these systemic vulnerabilities to at least give us a chance to fix them.

Trump is lying again about NAFTA. He says Mexico is killing us. The truth is we are killing them. Any rational metric shows We are doing massively better with trade to Mexico than they are with trade to us. All any sane person has to do is look at the raw numbers of trade and population to see this is true. When you add income, the numbers skew even more wildly in our favor.

Trump has paved the way for much worse to follow him. Maybe the country will realize the path it is now on and takes the appropriate action with constitutional amendments and laws to codify the norms we use to rely on. But that seems doubtful. I suppose we're lucky Trump and his clown car of idiots exposed these systemic vulnerabilities to at least give us a chance to fix them.

I think the biggest thing we can do is chip away at gerrymandering. Pubs who are the product of extreme conservatives are the ones protecting Trump.

If only the racist rural rubes in the Midwest had voted for Hillary we would have all been better off and dodged this constitutional crisis.

Fuck those guys

If only the racist rural rubes in the Midwest had voted for Hillary we would have all been better off and dodged this constitutional crisis.

Fuck those guys

Finally, you see reason.

That and get rid of the EC - its a fucking joke.

Not disagreeing that it is archaic, but how many times has it produced the wrong result? Clinton/Trump, Gore/Bush and Tilden/Hayes, right? 1824 doesn't count because it was a 4 way race, and Clay threw his support to JQA to put him over the top. And 2000 wouldn't have mattered either if it weren't for Nader throwing FL in the Bush column.

Not disagreeing that it is archaic, but how many times has it produced the wrong result? Clinton/Trump, Gore/Bush and Tilden/Hayes, right? 1824 doesn't count because it was a 4 way race, and Clay threw his support to JQA to put him over the top. And 2000 wouldn't have mattered either if it weren't for Nader throwing FL in the Bush column.

It's always producing an inaccurate result because certain votes count four times as much as other votes, whether you consider it the wrong outcome or not.

That and get rid of the EC - its a fucking joke.

Agreed.

The only fair way to do it is a straw poll of the USF Sociology Dept or an official poll on ogboards.com.

Either one should produce an accurate result and correct outcome.

Fuck those guys

meh. The racists are only a fraction (the deplorable fraction our wise runner-up noted).

the rest are just gullible marks for the same bullshit you fall for. You know, your people.

"your people"??

What in the hell is that supposed to mean?

I expected better from a flag bearer of the party of inclusiveness and open mindedness.

Back