• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

So, turns out the sundowning blob called off the strike while watching Tucker Carlson and right after learning that it would actually kill people. I hope the people in the military and their families who voted for him are happy.

I am not one to give Trump credit, and I know it is fun to rip on the guy for being indecisive, but holy shit am I glad we didn't bomb a bunch of military sites in Iran last night and kill a bunch of people.

It's not really giving Trump credit to say that he manufactured a crisis with Iran to the point where we were "cocked and loaded" to strike and then he called it off at the last second while he was half paying attention to Tucker and probably stuffing KFC in his mouthhole because he was shocked to learn that bombs kill people.

Last edited:
It's crazy that every night for Trump is like some surreal scene from a show or movie where the person in the TV is talking directly to you.

Trump doesn't care about killing people, he cares about optics, negative coverage, and losing support. He remembers enough about the unpopularity of the Iraq War that he pretended to oppose it.

And yet he has warmongers advising him, some of whom were involved with the decision to invade Iraq. And at least one of his informal advisers on Fox & Friends called him weak.

We're basically relying on Trump's analysis paralysis and political instinct to keep us from entering another war. It's all very scary!

It's not really giving Trump credit to say that he manufactured a crisis with Iran to the point where we were "cocked and loaded" to strike and then he called it off at the last second while he was half paying attention to Tucker and probably stuffing KFC in his mouthhole because he was shocked to learn that bombs kill people.

manufacture a problem and then claim to solve it. goebbels would be proud.

Trump doesn't care about killing people, he cares about optics, negative coverage, and losing support. He remembers enough about the unpopularity of the Iraq War that he pretended to oppose it.

And yet he has warmongers advising him, some of whom were involved with the decision to invade Iraq. And at least one of his informal advisers on Fox & Friends called him weak.

We're basically relying on Trump's analysis paralysis and political instinct to keep us from entering another war. It's all very scary!

This. He seems invested in the idea that leaving the Iran deal has already solved every problem with Iran, so Bolton/Pompeo would have to come up with a scenario where going to war continues to vindicate that decision-here's hoping they don't/

Another thing that might be at play is Trump's utter inability/unwillingness to console war widows. If he can find someone who could plausibly do that for him, look out. I also fear he may try to avoid this scenario by simply dropping a nuke.

I don't think there's a case that the Christian right has ever really cared about rape at least rape committed by white men.

This. He seems invested in the idea that leaving the Iran deal has already solved every problem with Iran, so Bolton/Pompeo would have to come up with a scenario where going to war continues to vindicate that decision-here's hoping they don't/

Another thing that might be at play is Trump's utter inability/unwillingness to console war widows. If he can find someone who could plausibly do that for him, look out. I also fear he may try to avoid this scenario by simply dropping a nuke.

He will nuke something, somewhere before he is out of office.

He will nuke something, somewhere before he is out of office.

I've been counting on the guy that carries the nuclear football or whatever it's called to be able to trick Trump out of doing something like that. Pretend that there is a password that Trump doesn't know, convince him that the real football got left somewhere, tell him that he has to run a mile and then eat a salad before the codes will activate, etc.

Back