• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

I think he meant Reagan would be considered a centrist today.

I think he meant Reagan would be considered a centrist today.

Barry Goldwater was in many ways the founder of the modern conservative political movement, and in the 1964 presidential election he was crushed because he was regarded as a right-wing nutcase who was too far out of the political mainstream. By the 1990s Goldwater had become increasingly disenchanted with the Republican Party because, in his opinion, it had moved too far to the right - too far right even for him. I don't think there's much doubt that the GOP is now well to the right of where it was under Goldwater and even Reagan on many issues. John McCain and Bob Dole were considered hard-right pols in the 80s, by the time they left politics they were both regarded as centrists, and maybe even to the left, of the party on most issues.

Reagan was a centrist??? Speaking of rewriting history...

Maybe I am, but I "feel" like he was closer to today's center than today's Republican party leadership and power structure that speaks of him so fondly. He was obviously right of center, I mean who is more associated with trickle down. But I see some separation between him and the current right wing.

Maybe I am, but I "feel" like he was closer to today's center than today's Republican party leadership and power structure that speaks of him so fondly. He was obviously right of center, I mean who is more associated with trickle down. But I see some separation between him and the current right wing.

I guess that it depends on one’s perspective. I doubt LGBTQ and urban Black folks would consider Reagan a centrist.

He was a covert foreign policy hawk who destabilized much of our current global problem regions, an enemy of science and medical innovation who willfully withheld resources in the wake of two enormous public health crises, supported economic policy that redistributed wealth to the wealthy, literally declared a war on black poor people via hyper policing and sentencing reform, etc. etc.

Its funny when middle-class republicans think Reagan was working for them. That shit is really funny

Trickle down economics! Rising tide lifts all boats! Tax cuts pay for themselves! Corporations should self-regulate! Unions are the enemy!

The Republican plan for helping the middle class

I guess that it depends on one’s perspective. I doubt LGBTQ and urban Black folks would consider Reagan a centrist.

He was a covert foreign policy hawk who destabilized much of our current global problem regions, an enemy of science and medical innovation who willfully withheld resources in the wake of two enormous public health crises, supported economic policy that redistributed wealth to the wealthy, literally declared a war on black poor people via hyper policing and sentencing reform, etc. etc.

And the party has moved further right since.

The reality is Reagan was constrained by social conventions that no longer exist. He would be proud of this GOP.

I could see it. Trump is a New Yorker who would have more interest in a primary than the national media.

Last edited:

Also hilarious that he calls someone else a fat ass with the self awareness of a 3 year old.

Not only that, but the fact that his aides said Trump was "enamored" of AOC is also pretty revealing. If AOC were a Republican, I have a hunch that Trump would be sending her invites to the second floor family quarters of the WH for "dinner and a movie" often. Melania would certainly be on notice.

Republicans in general are enamored of AOC. They are like boys who pulls a girl's hair on the playground.

Trump went on a twitter rant last night, accusing his favorite network, Fox News, of now being "worse" than "low-ratings" CNN and "the crew of degenerate Comcast NBC/MSNBC Trump haters." LOL. Apparently, his rant is a result of Fox giving airtime to some Democratic presidential candidates, hiring some Democrats (like Donna Brazile) as commentators, and using the "fake unsourced NY Times" as a source for some stories. He also vaguely threatened Fox, tweeting that they are forgetting "the people who got them there!" Apparently, even mild criticism of Trump on Fox is not to be allowed. All stories about the Dear Leader must be positive and favorable at all times. Underneath that massive ego, he's a terribly insecure little man.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-fox-news-worse-than-cnn-031019231.html

Trump went on a twitter rant last night, accusing his favorite network, Fox News, of now being "worse" than "low-ratings" CNN and "the crew of degenerate Comcast NBC/MSNBC Trump haters." LOL. Apparently, his rant is a result of Fox giving airtime to some Democratic presidential candidates, hiring some Democrats (like Donna Brazile) as commentators, and using the "fake unsourced NY Times" as a source for some stories. He also vaguely threatened Fox, tweeting that they are forgetting "the people who got them there!" Apparently, even mild criticism of Trump on Fox is not to be allowed. All stories about the Dear Leader must be positive and favorable at all times. Underneath that massive ego, he's a terribly insecure little man.

Link: https://www.yahoo.com/huffpost/donald-trump-fox-news-worse-than-cnn-031019231.html

Now imagine if he had the power to jail or kill critics. He’d be no different than King Jong Un. We literally elected a wannabe dictator.

Lol that dumb bastard better be careful. He’s still president solely because of Fox News. If that propaganda machine turns on him he’d be impeached and removed in like a week.

If Pence and McConnell wanted to orchestrate a coup, that’s how they would do it.

I still remember hearing someone call into a radio show after the first Republican debate in 2016 and complain that Fox News was drifting leftward because they were too hard on Trump.

Fox isn't going to turn on him, there's no $$ there.

Wasn't the prevailing theory that Trump's campaign was more about getting an audience for a television network of his own before people were actually dumb enough to make him president?

Last edited:
Back