• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

I'm a fan of his ever-changing view of the NYT

fVG5Qt4.jpg

U5PxalA.jpg

With the Keystone pipeline approval, we don't need anymore straws. They will be coming to us for oil & gas as we will become self-sufficient. Start drilling more off the Eastern seaboard. These next 4 years+ are going to be fun.

What does this mean? I never have been able to understand why whenever there is a discussion about oil some people go all 17th century mercantilism and throw out everything about a modern global economy out the window. What does it mean for the United States to actually be self-sufficient in the 21st century? I mean literally. What would that even look like and would it even make any impact on the price? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the price of oil determined on the commodities market? So even if the United States was a net exporter of oil, changes in production in other areas of the would would still impact the price of oil. It isn't like the United States has a state run oil monopoly and can decide to operate in a closed system where oil drilled in the United States is kept in the United States for refinement and consumption. Am I taking crazy pills?

Mobile so can't embed but:

Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

What does this mean? I never have been able to understand why whenever there is a discussion about oil some people go all 17th century mercantilism and throw out everything about a modern global economy out the window. What does it mean for the United States to actually be self-sufficient in the 21st century? I mean literally. What would that even look like and would it even make any impact on the price? Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't the price of oil determined on the commodities market? So even if the United States was a net exporter of oil, changes in production in other areas of the would would still impact the price of oil. It isn't like the United States has a state run oil monopoly and can decide to operate in a closed system where oil drilled in the United States is kept in the United States for refinement and consumption. Am I taking crazy pills?

Also, the pipeline utilizes Canada too, so it's literally the opposite of "self-sufficient".

So what hit a nerve... the SNL skit, the NY Times article, or Mika and Joe discussing who is really in charge on Morning Joe this morning?

I wonder if SNL beat the "President Trump is manipulated by Bannon" thing into the ground for about 3-4 weeks if the President would fire Bannon just to prove he is in charge.

There's a decent chance that is exactly what he would do, isn't there?

Once you've got the wall underway and the travel ban in effect, the intelligence meets become a lot shorter because you're SAFER.

Back