• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Nice work, conservatives. You fell for every lie Fox News has projected year after year and now we are stuck with that diarrhea mouthed con man.

They don't think they've really for anything. They worship the carpetbagger.

“I’ve known Jeff for 15 years. Terrific guy,” Mr. Trump told New York magazine in 2002. “He’s a lot of fun to be with. It is even said that he likes beautiful women as much as I do, and many of them are on the younger side.”

And the treatment of migrants in his concentration camps.

On the flip side, the Dems were in the middle of a really stupid round of infighting, and he gave them a path out.

Honestly, though, I don't think he was trying to knock anything out of the news coverage. The attention was on someone other than him for more than a day and he had to insert himself somehow.

Because we know that criticizing your government (or some of its leadership) is the same as hating your country.

Fucker.

That jackass ran a whole campaign with the main theme of complaining about America.

I actually think shit like this does backfire on him, and hurts him politically more than it helps. Until his first tweets and his doubling-down on them, the House Democrats were fighting among themselves and looked to be a mess. With this blatantly racist and xenophobic attack he's managed to unite nearly all Democrats again, and while his base no doubt loves the tweets, he's also enraged the opposition. This is why I think next year's election will be close no matter who the Democrats nominate. Trump will never win anything by a comfortable margin, much less a landslide. Reagan was a charmer who could win over a large majority, Trump by nature is a divider and hater who drives away at least many people as he attracts. He may well win next year, but if he does it will be by a narrow margin, and another possible popular vote loss (with a slender EC victory) is a real possibility.

I actually think shit like this does backfire on him, and hurts him politically more than it helps. Until his first tweets and his doubling-down on them, the House Democrats were fighting among themselves and looked to be a mess. With this blatantly racist and xenophobic attack he's managed to unite nearly all Democrats again, and while his base no doubt loves the tweets, he's also enraged the opposition. This is why I think next year's election will be close no matter who the Democrats nominate. Trump will never win anything by a comfortable margin, much less a landslide. Reagan was a charmer who could win over a large majority, Trump by nature is a divider and hater who drives away at least many people as he attracts. He may well win next year, but if he does it will be by a narrow margin, and another possible popular vote loss (with a slender EC victory) is a real possibility.

No, it doesn't backfire on him. It won't affect his poll numbers, and it won't affect his vote totals next year.

No, it doesn't backfire on him. It won't affect his poll numbers, and it won't affect his vote totals next year.

I'm not saying it will lower his vote totals, I'm saying that by his very nature he will keep Democrats united and energized against him, no matter who they nominate. The House Democrats were in a terrible position, and now he's given them an out, and given Democratic presidential candidates something to use against him. I'm not talking about his poll numbers or his base - this is about his opposition, and how tweets and crap like this will keep them fired up right through election day next year. It's not like he's going to stop doing stuff like this. In that sense it does hurt him, I think.

Dems will only stay unified so long.

Dems will only stay unified so long.

As long as Trump is in the WH and keeps doing stuff like this, it will keep them energized. It doesn't mean the Dems will win next year, but if there's one thing you can count on from Trump, it's that he'll always do or tweet something that enrages the opposition. Of course they'll go back to fighting with one another, but Trump has at least temporarily given them something to rally around, and I strongly suspect he'll do it again in the future. A smarter/better politician would have let the House Dems keep fighting among themselves, but not Trump.

At this point Trump should just come out and tweet that, if these four women won't leave the country, they need to be removed from office by any means possible, as they're traitors to the country. It's the next logical step, and it's clear that the GOP won't do anything to stop him. If one or all of these women were killed or beaten, there's little doubt that his base would celebrate the attacks, and Fox & Friends would have a good laugh over it. After all, these women aren't their fellow American citizens - they're the enemy that must be crushed at all costs.

Weird how America wasn’t great when the stock market was up and unemployment was low under Obama.

Back