• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

Cable TV Pundits: Well the Democrats should stop worrying about Trump and do something to help regular Americans.

*Dems pass minimum wage increases*

Cable TV pundits: “Let’s talk about Trump’s latest tweets...”

Does it count that I used to be one?

I mean, maybe you know people who think “God damn it” means “God be damned,” but that is a special kind of stupid.

Yes. We generally refer to that special kind of stupid as Southern Baptist.

Mako, Mako, Mako, I thought you knew by now that Junebug is ALWAYS right and everyone else should just accept that.

Man, I thought you were tuned in...

Does it count that I used to be one?

I mean, maybe you know people who think “God damn it” means “God be damned,” but that is a special kind of stupid.

What are you now?

Just mentioned the goddamn comment to my Southern Baptist mother in law. Her response, “at least he believes in God “. And that cognitive dissonance is why I am so concerned about 4 more years of Trump, ladies and gentlemen.

Just mentioned the goddamn comment to my Southern Baptist mother in law. Her response, “at least he believes in God “. And that cognitive dissonance is why I am so concerned about 4 more years of Trump, ladies and gentlemen.

I have Trumpite relatives with similar attitudes. Trump doesn't believe in God, he believes that he is God, and that's all that matters. If he did believe in God, he wouldn't have lived the type of life he has, and done the things he has, over the past half-century or so. These people are being utterly conned, and either don't know it, or don't care.

Republicans have spent a long time convincing people that Republicans are ordained by God.

Republicans have spent a long time convincing people that Republicans are ordained by God.

And that Democrats can't possibly be good Christians. If you're a Democrat, then by definition you're a decadent, pagan God-and-Jesus hater.

And that Democrats can't possibly be good Christians. If you're a Democrat, then by definition you're a decadent, pagan God-and-Jesus hater.

Pretty sure it was the libs who crucified Jesus.

*checks Word of God*

Correction: It was the super religious holier than thou politicians/religious leaders who chose to crucify Jesus over Barabbas because Jesus was challenging their teachings.

“I am, however, appalled by the fact that you chose to use the Lord’s name in vain on two separate occasions, when you went off the prompter during your speech,” he says in his letter.

“There is no place in society — anywhere, any place and at any time — where that type of language should be used or handled. Your comments were not presidential,” he wrote.

If only religious folks were more appalled by putting people in cages or nationalistic language, racism, and xenophobia, then maybe Christianity wouldn’t be dying.

Last edited:
You obviously don’t talk to enough Southern Baptists, bro. You’re dead wrong on this one.

As someone who was a Southern Baptist pastor for 15 years, I’m going to have to back Junebug on this one. While a cornerstone of Baptist polity is that each church/individual has an autonomous(ish) ability to interpret Scripture, resulting in many different pockets of understanding (so I have no doubt that in your area, the view you presented may be more common), the most mainstream understanding is more along the line of the one Junebug presented.

“Nobel Prize winner Nadia Murad told Trump how terrorists kidnapped her and killed her mother and brothers. He replied: “Where are they now?”

Moron.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d323dffe4b004b6adb00764?test_ad=readmo_test

lol he clearly wasn’t listening to her while she talked. His responses are bizarre and show this (“I know that area well.” Yea who gives a shit man?). He’s just sitting there probably thinking of how he’d rather be golfing or saying something controversial rather than listening to her.

“Nobel Prize winner Nadia Murad told Trump how terrorists kidnapped her and killed her mother and brothers. He replied: “Where are they now?”

Moron.

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5d323dffe4b004b6adb00764?test_ad=readmo_test

lol he clearly wasn’t listening to her while she talked. His responses are bizarre and show this (“I know that area well.” Yea who gives a shit man?). He’s just sitting there probably thinking of how he’d rather be golfing or saying something controversial rather than listening to her.

He clearly wasn't listening to a word she said. It wouldn't surprise me if, the whole time she was talking, all he could think of was "how the hell does she have a Nobel Prize and I don't?" What's so special about her?" Given his ego and narcissism, you know he was complaining to his aides or kids or whomever about it later.

How can you really distinguish them from everyone else who believes in adult fairy tales?

This is not a question that someone who has spent a great deal of time around Southern Baptists would need to ask.

you can definitely get from the WH to the SCOTUS in way less than 16 minutes with a motorcade. so quick visit and he was already in the car headed back?

“Well this guy is a racist, says racist things and encourages racist behavior but Democrats may want to “give stuff away” to other people or some bullshit so I guess I’m forced to vote for him”

-Kitchindeac’s moderate voter

Trump is definitely targeting white moderates who don't think they're "racist" (who does?) but increasingly don't feel a part of a Democratic Party that appeals to growing non-white populations. If they have to choose between four more years of Trump and empowering non-white people who aren't held in check by Biden, Pelosi, and the white party structure, they'll probably choose Trump. And they can defend their choice by saying everything will be back to normal in four years. These are folks who largely have a foot in the Fox News world based on their family, church, segregated neighborhoods and schools and have minimal regular contact with immigrants, non-Christians, or more than a few minorities.

Last edited:
Back