• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

This is the whole “punch back” the whiny right loves so much when people say things they don’t like hearing.

He’s a wannabe Hitler with a shitty IQ.

This is your racist president, Republicans. Past time to own it. Anyone who denies it is enabling this racism and divisiveness.

Y’all member when jhmd tried to argue he wasn’t the leader of the Republican Party?

Yes, and 42-43% of the country is eating it up. And he has a pretty good chance of being re-elected thanks to the EC.

42%-43% of the electorate is eating it up

that's different than 42%-43% of the country

this is why voter turnout is the only thing that the DNC should be focusing on towards 2020

Y’all member when jhmd tried to argue he wasn’t the leader of the Republican Party?

Yes.

It would be refreshing for board Pubs like sailor, TinTin, catamount, DG3, juenbug, to just say that he’s racist outloud and stop denying or ignoring it.

Won’t happen, I know, but a boy can dream.

this is why voter turnout is the only thing that the DNC should be focusing on towards 2020

This.

This. Kills me to see Dems get sucked into pleasing these people when Pubs aren’t held to the same standard.

This. Kills me to see Dems get sucked into pleasing these people when Pubs aren’t held to the same standard.

I read an article just a couple of days ago that argued (as many articles have said lately) that Trump is now the favorite to win a second term, that the Dems are "fading", and blames (of course!) the progressive wing of the party for driving away moderates and independents. The writer's suggestion - surprise! - is for the Dems to basically move right, dump or ignore the progressives, and try to win over white working-class voters in swing and red states. In other words, run as Republican Lite, ignore minorities, and pander to Trumpites in the hopes of winning them over. That seems to be the main advice of many talking heads and pundits these days.

Democrats ran a young black presidential nominee, got record turnout from minorities, and won big and got to 60 in the Senate. Then Democrats tacked right in 2010 and 2014 and squandered the advantage they got from the Obama coalition.

So why should they run away from the same coalition that was so successful?

Last edited:
I think it's not necessary at all to move away from many progressive ideas (many are actually popular). What's needed is the ability to use language that isn't frightening (and is reassuring/comforting) to those in the middle while also winsomely explaining how good government is good for all. Someone needs to sell good ideas and sow confidence in themselves.

Back