• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

In Trump's favor - the shape of his head is becoming closer and closer to a perfect sphere.

It is obzurd that this man is our President.

It is obzurd that this man is our President.

You can apply that statement to all the videos in that guys thread. Wow.

Saw Strick post about this a page back but it quickly got overlooked by trump’s self-aggrandizing comments today. Any conservatives on here condemn Trumps anti Semitic remarks about disloyally yet? Catamount, Junebug, DG3, Sailor, Creamy - https://www.theguardian.com/us-news...n-jewish-democrats-response-antisemitic-trope

Any GOP politicians say anything yet about this? No? Guess conservatives just don’t care anymore. Nothing matters but #winning.

Thing is he’s not saying anything conservatives haven’t been saying for years. They think God chose him. They think any American who doesn’t vote Republican hates America. They just apply that to Jewish Democrats too.

Thing is he’s not saying anything conservatives haven’t been saying for years. They think God chose him. They think any American who doesn’t vote Republican hates America. They just apply that to Jewish Democrats too.

Yep, Trump isn't an aberrant Republican. The party evolved over time to be thoroughly dishonest and full of shit, they practically paved the way for Trump's ascent and takeover.

Of course Trump says, tweets, and does so much shit all the time that we'll probably forget by next week what he did this week, but it's still worth noting that the last 24 hours, even for Trump, were pretty remarkable. In that short time span, he:

1) Retweeted a known conspiracy theorist (and Vegas con man) in bragging that he was the greatest POTUS for Jews and Israel "in the history of the world", and was loved by Israeli Jews as if he were the King of Israel and the Second Coming of God.
2) Flatly stated that American Jews who voted for Democrats were being "disloyal" (what was that about Tlaib and Omar using anti-Semitic tropes?) He later tried to correct this by saying he meant that American Jews who voted Democratic were just being disloyal to Israel, as if that A) made any difference, and B) that's what he actually meant.
3) Said at a WH press conference, when asked about his trade war with China, that he was "The Chosen One" (while staring at the sky.)
4) Said, in response to a reporter's question as to whether he saw guns killing 109 people in America a day a "national health emergency": "I do. I do. I do. I do. And they die for a lot of other reasons, too...we have great mental illness."
5) Vindictively cancelled a scheduled presidential trip to Denmark (a traditional ally, at least until now) because Denmark refused to sell him Greenland, and regarded the offer as something of a joke. Not only that, but he gratuitously insulted the PM of Denmark, saying that her remarks were too "nasty", and that "you don't talk that way about the United States that way, at least under me...I thought it was not a nice statement, the way she blew me off." (As usual, he seems confused about the difference between himself and the United States, or at least he seems to think they are one and the same.)
6) After suggesting that background checks for guns might be a possibility for a compromise gun-control bill, he promised the NRA in a call that there would be no background checks.
7) Is now pushing to allow the US Government to indefinitely hold migrant families with no time limit.
8) Suggested that he is still seriously looking at changing birthright citizenship.

Again, all of this happened with a 24-hour period. #thisisfine

ETA: I forgot to add that he also slammed 4 auto companies (and particularly Ford) for making a deal with California to build cars with stricter fuel economy and emission standards, tweeting that Henry Ford would be "disappointed" in them, and making false claims about the impact of the new standards on cars and consumers.

Last edited:
Yep, Trump isn't an aberrant Republican. The party evolved over time to be thoroughly dishonest and full of shit, they practically paved the way for Trump's ascent and takeover.

But Democrats are just as bad, I mean Warren wore a feathered headdress to her job interview at Harvard. She is a grifter just exactly like Trump.

I don’t think you can use the terms “conservative” and “Republican” interchangeably. By that I mean the Republican Party is no longer conservative. It’s just a cult now. Calling out current republicans for acting contrary to actual conservative principals is a good argument.

Bullshit. Conservatives enabled this mess. You don't get to conveniently claim your party doesn't represent you when you spent 2 decades building up to this mess.

Bullshit. Conservatives enabled this mess. You don't get to conveniently claim your party doesn't represent you when you spent 2 decades building up to this mess.

and literally every elected politician who claims to be a conservative (even those claiming to adhere to "conservative principles") is a Republican.

I don’t think you can use the terms “conservative” and “Republican” interchangeably. By that I mean the Republican Party is no longer conservative. It’s just a cult now. Calling out current republicans for acting contrary to actual conservative principals is a good argument.

the "i'm not racist but" of political affiliation

Nice to hear you say this. You posted a lot of “both sides” posts over those 2 decades.

Two decades ? Hell, they're enabling it right now by remaining silent.

My point was it's an effective argument to point out that the republican party has abandoned their claimed "conservative principals" and willingly become a nativist/populist/nationalist cult of personality. It's almost like it was never really about "limited government," or "free trade" or the "national debt," etc.

I can respectfully disagree (or even sometimes agree) with conservatives. I have no respect for this brand of the republican party.

Back