• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

If Trump can just unilaterally suspend the tax code and issue checks to everyone through executive order, does the constitution even matter?

I believe there is a legal basis for the payroll tax deferral.

26 U.S. Code § 7508A

Are the deferred taxes still owed?

So...that’s going to be a rude reality for a lot of folks when they come due...yes?

And put everyone in power from January on in a hell of a pinch. My guess is they just get forgiven but resumed once someone not insane is in charge.

It seems that pretty much all of its legal but completely ineffective. 3 of the measure are memos and then the single executive order. The payroll taxes would need to be paid eventually so most companies are going to still withhold them, the unemployment benefit relies on FEMA and requires states to request aid and put up 25% when they are already broke, it also only last for 5 weeks. The eviction memo just instructs government agencies to look into preventing evictions. The whole thing was for show per usual and the media eats it up every single fucking time where trying to correct it after the fact means a whole lot less people see it or believe it.

Are the deferred taxes still owed?

So...that’s going to be a rude reality for a lot of folks when they come due...yes?

And put everyone in power from January on in a hell of a pinch. My guess is they just get forgiven but resumed once someone not insane is in charge.

Still owed by businesses in January unless Congress passes legislation that forgives it.

So it will still be withheld but companies may not pay it?

Or it won’t be withheld but still owed by businesses...?

That brings us back to my point about a rude reality when the taxes come due.

Anyhow, this headline rings true...Trump’s Orders on Coronavirus Relief Create Confusion

Many companies are likely to decline to stop withholding money for payroll taxes since it is uncertain that they will ever be waived. But Mr. Mnuchin rejected suggestions from Democrats that deferring payroll taxes would lead to cuts in Social Security or Medicare benefits. The money that supports those programs would be backstopped by a transfer from the Treasury general fund, he said.

Still, he acknowledged that the payroll taxes would eventually have to be repaid unless Mr. Trump could reach a deal on legislation that would allow them to be waived or forgiven — an unlikely scenario — and that the deficit would continue to swell.

We’ll deal with the budget deficit when we get the economy back to where it was before,” Mr. Mnuchin said.

Right.

These Republican fuckers had a golden opportunity to effectively deal with budget deficits when they inherited a good economy. And they totally squandered that opportunity with a massive tax cut favoring the wealthy.

Oh great we’re still sending out liberate tweets 6 months into the pandemic. What an asshole

Translation: I know it's illegal to have it at the White House, so now I'll pretend like I am making a choice between 2 sites and end up at Gettysburg and make it seem like it was solely my call.

The college football tweet is to avoid being blamed for no football. If there is no football its because he is a bumbling fucking idiot who botched every aspect of the pandemic response and has continued to ignore the problem like it doesn't exist. The blame is unacceptable so instead it will be the liberal elite and colleges who are making it so we can't have our precious football. Which is kind of funny to begin with, a bunch of rubes living and dying over the outcome of a game being played by an entity they claim to absolute hate, college.

You'd think that Trump wouldn't want to speak at the battlefield where his hero Robert E. Lee suffered one of his greatest defeats, and marked the turning point of the war against his wonderful Confederates, but then it is quite possible that Trump doesn't know that Lee was defeated at Gettysburg.

The college football tweet is to avoid being blamed for no football. If there is no football its because he is a bumbling fucking idiot who botched every aspect of the pandemic response and has continued to ignore the problem like it doesn't exist. The blame is unacceptable so instead it will be the liberal elite and colleges who are making it so we can't have our precious football. Which is kind of funny to begin with, a bunch of rubes living and dying over the outcome of a game being played by an entity they claim to absolute hate, college.

And Gen Zers who are predominantly Black men.

Trump said at his press conference today that the "1917 great pandemic" ended the Second World War "because all of the soldiers were sick." If Biden had said that nearly every conservative in the country would be screaming that it was yet another sign that Biden has dementia. Since it's Trump, it will likely be forgotten by tomorrow.

Last edited:
He literally got WW1 and WW2 mixed up and didn’t account for the role of war in spreading the pandemic.

To be fair the SEC colleges don't teach all that liberal nonsense, it's those Ivy league pussies who don't come close to competing that do.

I have some nieces in Alabama. And they came out to visit CA for the first time last year and I can tell that their whole local social bubble and influences are strongly on the rube side. The counter balance is the social media circle these kids travel in is all progressive messaging. I can like literally see the changes in the things my one niece posts on her IG stories. Once the influencers post in support of BLM, they're called influencers for a reason.

Decades from now when we look back on the end of racism in America it may all trace back to Instagram

Last edited:
Back