• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

How about “The Nigers, they love me...”?

Qw38GHE.jpg

And a big ol' man goes up for sale
He becomes his own invention
OH, the days go slow into the changing season
Oh, bought and sold for all the wrong reasons

This new promising things, not achieving them, and then saying they actually were just the starting point for an effective negotiation is genius. "I wasn't lying, I was establishing a benchmark for future negotiations."

Health Insurance stocks, which have gone through the roof during the ObamaCare years, plunged yesterday after I ended their Dems windfall!
4:18 AM - 14 Oct 2017

Trump tweeted the above this a.m. Have we ever had a president who has said or tweeted his joy when American stocks plunged?

dumbfuck owns the mess that is to come.

Not so fast my friend. We're in the middle of a serious culture war. His approval numbers have been in the 38-40% range. What percentage of his supporters will defect just because he screws over our health care system? I would submit to you that it is a very small percentage. Losing or paying a lot more for health insurance is nowhere near as important as kneeling football players, transgenders in bathrooms, the gays, guns and overruling Roe v. Wade. I am not being facetious here either. Fox and Breitbart (and because of Fox, the rest of my family) will blame Obama for the ACA failing. A health care coverage catastrophe won't send his numbers south by more than a few points. Seriously.

Health Insurance stocks, which have gone through the roof during the ObamaCare years, plunged yesterday after I ended their Dems windfall!
4:18 AM - 14 Oct 2017

Trump tweeted the above this a.m. Have we ever had a president who has said or tweeted his joy when American stocks plunged?

How many people do you think he told about the ExO beforehand went and shorted those stocks?

How many people do you think he told about the ExO beforehand went and shorted those stocks?

Good question. No idea. But it doesn't matter if his friends profited off of some inside information because the rules don't apply to him. It really is that simple.

he and the GOP will still have their shitty names on it

Wanna bet? I spent the weekend with my family up in Baltimore so I'm particularly jaded today. His support is pretty hard core and difficult to lose. As I said, he could wreck our health care system, and it would only lose him 3-4% points.

Wanna bet? I spent the weekend with my family up in Baltimore so I'm particularly jaded today. His support is pretty hard core and difficult to lose. As I said, he could wreck our health care system, and it would only lose him 3-4% points.

You are prob right about loss of support, but despite that this shitshow will become known as Trumpcare or GOPCare, for better or worse.

I think Trump's war on Obamacare and other welfare programs may do more damage over time to him and his party than many think. A lot of Trump's poor white rural supporters are on Obamacare, and if that disappears, many of these folks are going to be in a very bad way. They can claim right now that they will never turn against Trump, but when you or a loved one has a serious health problem and you can't do anything about it because your health insurance disappeared - insurance that you previously had, I can't imagine that at least some of these folks won't have second thoughts about their diehard support of Trump. We've seen before that serious personal problems have a way of changing people's minds politically. A good many diehard Republicans in the 1920s who didn't care about Harding's Teapot Dome Scandals, or trickle-down GOP economics, and who wouldn't have dreamed of voting for big-city Democrat and Catholic Al Smith in the 1928 presidential election, suddenly turned into diehard liberal FDR voters by 1932 after the Stock Market Crash and the Great Depression hit, and many lost their jobs, faced starvation or severe privation, and Hoover and the GOP didn't seem to give a damn. Severe pain has a way of changing minds. Sadly, the only thing that may get many of these people to open their eyes and see Trump and his allies for what they really are may be losing their health insurance, or some other personal problem that Trump and the GOP just ignores.

Last edited:
Back