• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

They'll just blame Obama and vote for Trump and the GOP to fix it.

Until the left has a candidate or candidates who have the ability to articulate the left's positions in a way that counter-punches the GOP talking points into oblivion, its not going to do any good.

The left's positions are largely sound and well-reasoned. They are supported with data and historical precedent- as opposed to the right's fantasy-land promises that have neither.

We just need a delivery-person.

You are prob right about loss of support, but despite that this shitshow will become known as Trumpcare or GOPCare, for better or worse.

Only if Democrats take a page from the conservative branding rhetoric playbook. Conservative media has shown a special talent for deflecting responsibility and blame and redirecting it to democrats. It's remarkable how good they can be at it.

You are prob right about loss of support, but despite that this shitshow will become known as Trumpcare or GOPCare, for better or worse.

He has really tapped into white grievance politics and is articulating how a large percentage of American whites view the world. Screw complaints from black folks, screw the Chinese, screw the Indians and Mexicans for taking our jobs, I don't like the gays and transgenders, get Muslims out of the country, and screw those kneeling football players. Nevermind that, if he is successful in obtaining his trade wars health care setbacks and immigration restrictions, he is going to harm American industries and consumers. We can sit here and make fun of him for being a simpleton bully, but he is appealing to a large segment of our society. He can harm American industries along the way and directly negatively affect American consumers' lives, and the vast majority of his base won't hold it against him as the local hospital gets a $40K judgment lien against their house because they've lost insurance. That isn't as important as the culture war. I didn't see this backlash coming over the last couple of years and am only now beginning to grasp how yuge it is.

Niger.... it's a remote place. Scary place. Lot of bad things going on in Niger. Bad things. I haven't commented publicly because it's a tricky word. One that can get me in trouble. Have to be careful with that one. Lotta fake news would seem vindicated if I made a slip up. I love Africa, and African people. Great people. Just a tough word. Always thought it was pronounced Nigeria. Which is easier to say, but there's alot of change going on in Africa these days. Alot of change. But I've spoken to many of the leaders there and they are very committed to defeating ISIS.

Mine was better.

Not to mention they're not talking about healthcare. They're talking about Hillary and Weinstein and Christmas and anything but healthcare.

He could shoot someone on 5th Ave, take their healthcare away, and they'd send the absentee ballot with his name on it from new Trump (TM) debtors prisons in 2020.

This goes back to the actual composition of Trump's voting bloc, too. I'm sure there are a lot of poor white voters and Republican voters who are worried about health care; the folks that elected Trump aren't: somewhat educated suburban rubes who make a good living and have been mainlining conservative media since the early 00s.

Last edited:
I don't disagree with him there.

Unfortunately a lot of truth to what cville is saying. The true believers on the right are solidly certain that Obamacare is the spawn of the devil and any problems with healthcare for the next years will be, in their dumbass minds, the fault of Obama and Obamacare. The only ones that will benefit (temporarily) from the Trump/Pub healthcare "plan" are the wealthy and the healthy. That's it. I do agree that many may eventually have their eyes opened to the truth, but only over some time and maybe.

I think they'll blame Congress and try to vote in even more Trump loyalists.

That's a great tweet...... but that account seems super sketch.

Biggest issue isn’t just that rural America voted for Donald it’s that educated folks with money voted for Donald

Biggest issue isn’t just that rural America voted for Donald it’s that educated folks with money voted for Donald

I think it's more that people just won't cross party lines. R's vote for whoever has R next to their name, D's vote for whoever has D next to their name.

I think it's more that people just won't cross party lines. R's vote for whoever has R next to their name, D's vote for whoever has D next to their name or they just don't vote.

Addendum

the comments yesterday about Obama and other past presidents not calling families of fallen soliders is some straight up bullshit. He was absolutely making shit up on the spot. Pretty scary how the most powerful person in the world feels so comfortable with straight up lying about fallen soliders.

Until the left has a candidate or candidates who have the ability to articulate the left's positions in a way that counter-punches the GOP talking points into oblivion, its not going to do any good.

The left's positions are largely sound and well-reasoned. They are supported with data and historical precedent- as opposed to the right's fantasy-land promises that have neither.

We just need a delivery-person.

I have been brain storming with friends over drinks on the weekends trying to come up with someone who could deliver the message (i.e. run in 2020) that some of these rubes could understand and get behind but so far no luck. Most of the Dems you would think could do the job are too scholarly or elite minded. You really need someone like Springstein to overcome this.

Back