• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

I guess that's possible, but I find it a strange fear to walk around with on a day to day basis given that we are not even remotely at war with a nuclear power at the moment. If Trump puts the country in a cold war, doomsday clock mindset, then that should speak volumes.

I'm not saying it would. Just saying if it does happen everyone will scream for stronger borders and Trump will be looked back on as "being right" by many.

I agree. It makes sense to push for stronger boarders and take a more defensive approach to immigration while at war. The question is, why are we doing it now with our allies?

Last edited:
Just go back to 9/11. W was praised for being on the watch.

That's actually one thing I don't see us getting fooled twice on. IMO, 9/11 and the aftermath are a major reason for the current anti-establishment sentiment. It's not just that Republicans don't trust Democrats, or Bernie supporter's don't trust Hillary, or Trumpites don't trust "RINOs", it's that they don't trust the concept of unity, and one can empathize with that given what the Bush administration did with their unity.

W's approval rating ticked up 30 points after 9/11. I think Trump's would go up 5 points at most, and it would have to be a situation that he tacitly anticipated (like a mass murder by MS-13). It would probably go down in the event of a nuke (as it should, for a variety of reasons) because that's one of the things he's claimed to have already accomplished.

All it takes is one nuke to get detonated on our soil and 80% of the people will look back and think he was a visionary. Eventually terrorism will happen again and eventually people will trend towards his xenophobia. Sadly read an article recently about how easy it would be for a Hiroshima type bomb to be created by a handful of scientists and smuggled in.

Scientists are constantly trying to destroy the world. They are like a deep deep deep state.

Umm, I know you're being sarcastic, but have you ever heard of mad scientists?

Every mad scientist in every movie ever (except Dr. Frankenstien and he was an MD) was actually an engineer. No hypothesis testing, no research questions, ever!

mad-scientist-mad-engineers.jpg

Every mad scientist in every movie ever (except Dr. Frankenstien and he was an MD) was actually an engineer. No hypothesis testing, no research questions, ever!

I'm sorry to inform you that Victor Frankenstein was indeed a "man of science," a Chemist, and not a medical doctor. Studied under M. Waldman at the University of Ingolstadt.

"From this day natural philosophy, and particularly chemistry
in the most comprehensive sense of the term, became nearly
my sole occupation. I read with ardour those works, so full of
genius and discrimination, which modern inquirers have writ-
ten on these subjects. I attended the lectures, and cultivated
the acquaintance, of the men of science of the university;
and I found even in M. Krempe a great deal of sound sense
and real information, combined, it is true, with a repulsive
physiognomy and manners, but not on that account the less
valuable. In M. Waldman I found a true friend. His gentleness
was never tinged by dogmatism; and his instructions were
given with an air of frankness and good nature, that ban-
ished every idea of pedantry. It was, perhaps, the amiable
character of this man that inclined me more to that branch of
natural philosophy which he professed, than an intrinsic love
for the science itself. But this state of mind had place only in
the first steps towards knowledge: the more fully I entered
into the science, the more exclusively I pursued it for its own
sake. That application, which at first had been a matter of
duty and resolution, now became so ardent and eager, that
the stars often disappeared in the light of morning whilst I
was yet engaged in my laboratory."

I'm sorry to inform you that Victor Frankenstein was indeed a "man of science," a Chemist, and not a medical doctor. Studied under M. Waldman at the University of Ingolstadt.

"From this day natural philosophy, and particularly chemistry
in the most comprehensive sense of the term, became nearly
my sole occupation. I read with ardour those works, so full of
genius and discrimination, which modern inquirers have writ-
ten on these subjects. I attended the lectures, and cultivated
the acquaintance, of the men of science of the university;
and I found even in M. Krempe a great deal of sound sense
and real information, combined, it is true, with a repulsive
physiognomy and manners, but not on that account the less
valuable. In M. Waldman I found a true friend. His gentleness
was never tinged by dogmatism; and his instructions were
given with an air of frankness and good nature, that ban-
ished every idea of pedantry. It was, perhaps, the amiable
character of this man that inclined me more to that branch of
natural philosophy which he professed, than an intrinsic love
for the science itself. But this state of mind had place only in
the first steps towards knowledge: the more fully I entered
into the science, the more exclusively I pursued it for its own
sake. That application, which at first had been a matter of
duty and resolution, now became so ardent and eager, that
the stars often disappeared in the light of morning whilst I
was yet engaged in my laboratory."

Doh! You got me, my whole premise is flawed.

I was thinking of Dr. Frederick Frankenstein, Victor's grandson, who was indeed a mad physician, MD.

Doh! You got me, my whole premise is flawed.

I was thinking of Dr. Frederick Frankenstein, Victor's grandson, who was indeed a mad physician, MD.

The real problem seems to be that V. Frankenstein was practicing without the proper credentializing degree. I don't think he ever earned the doctorate!

Did he ever end up setting up that online database of people hurt or killed by undocumented immigrants (forget what he called it)? He proposed that in his first address to Congress, in one of the speeches that he was congratulated for on being so level headed.

Did he ever end up setting up that online database of people hurt or killed by undocumented immigrants (forget what he called it)? He proposed that in his first address to Congress, in one of the speeches that he was congratulated for on being so level headed.

That's actually one thing I don't see us getting fooled twice on. IMO, 9/11 and the aftermath are a major reason for the current anti-establishment sentiment. It's not just that Republicans don't trust Democrats, or Bernie supporter's don't trust Hillary, or Trumpites don't trust "RINOs", it's that they don't trust the concept of unity, and one can empathize with that given what the Bush administration did with their unity.

W's approval rating ticked up 30 points after 9/11. I think Trump's would go up 5 points at most, and it would have to be a situation that he tacitly anticipated (like a mass murder by MS-13). It would probably go down in the event of a nuke (as it should, for a variety of reasons) because that's one of the things he's claimed to have already accomplished.

Fool me once, shame on — shame on you. Fool me — you can't get fooled again.

Back