• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bullshit Trump Says

More pride in calling it #14:1

anigif_enhanced-13248-1405719316-24.gif

How can folks feel pride about this guy? I really don’t understand it.

Based on listening to the folks I grew up with in rural, deep red NC, they see his enemies as their enemies, and they love him for pissing those people off, and for saying (at least on social media) what they privately feel and think. They love him for beating their personal Great Satan, Hillary, when all of the "elite, college educated" smarty-pants experts claimed he couldn't win. Also, many Trumpites know damn well they're living in places that are declining shitholes in terms of economic opportunity and population, and Obama's 2 elections and Hillary's impending election left many of these nearly all-white rural folks feeling like they were left behind, ignored, and disdained by more prosperous, better-educated urban residents. They may not be "proud" of Trump in any traditional sense, but they do see his election as a grand comeuppance to the liberal elites (professional classes) that they view as their real enemy (far more than Muslims or any foreign threat), and his taking of the White House as a return to power for people "like them" (yeah, that's as racist as it sounds). And his election does seem to have given them a renewed sense of pride, or confidence, that people like them and places like their hometowns aren't obsolete has-beens in America. He's the personal expression of all of their anger, resentment, and yes, prejudices and bigotries. They're emotionally invested in him, and they'll never abandon him. It's not about pride, it's about who he hates, and how he expresses the pent-up grievances of white, native-born, middle aged and older, mostly rural and small-town Americans. Of course, it's all an illusion and requires massive cognitive dissonance on their part, but there you go.

No way Trump actually wrote any of those tweets.

I wish somebody would take the time to sort through which tweets he actually composed and which are composed for him. It shouldn't be too difficult -- staffers (or lawyers!) trying to recreate his tone and syntax make it really obvious. Then we could discern what is an attempt at actual strategy and what is bullshit.

Based on listening to the folks I grew up with in rural, deep red NC, they see his enemies as their enemies, and they love him for pissing those people off, and for saying (at least on social media) what they privately feel and think. They love him for beating their personal Great Satan, Hillary, when all of the "elite, college educated" smarty-pants experts claimed he couldn't win. Also, many Trumpites know damn well they're living in places that are declining shitholes in terms of economic opportunity and population, and Obama's 2 elections and Hillary's impending election left many of these nearly all-white rural folks feeling like they were left behind, ignored, and disdained by more prosperous, better-educated urban residents. They may not be "proud" of Trump in any traditional sense, but they do see his election as a grand comeuppance to the liberal elites (professional classes) that they view as their real enemy (far more than Muslims or any foreign threat), and his taking of the White House as a return to power for people "like them" (yeah, that's as racist as it sounds). And his election does seem to have given them a renewed sense of pride, or confidence, that people like them and places like their hometowns aren't obsolete has-beens in America. He's the personal expression of all of their anger, resentment, and yes, prejudices and bigotries. They're emotionally invested in him, and they'll never abandon him. It's not about pride, it's about who he hates, and how he expresses the pent-up grievances of white, native-born, middle aged and older, mostly rural and small-town Americans. Of course, it's all an illusion and requires massive cognitive dissonance on their part, but there you go.

So spite, then.

REmember when we were lectured that we had better placate these idiots if we ever wanted to win another election?

I wish somebody would take the time to sort through which tweets he actually composed and which are composed for him. It shouldn't be too difficult -- staffers (or lawyers!) trying to recreate his tone and syntax make it really obvious. Then we could discern what is an attempt at actual strategy and what is bullshit.
Which ones? They all look like him to me. If anything, I'd believe that a Russian hacked his twitter today, and he won't admit it. Hard to believe someone got money to write that stuff this morning.

Ask and you shall receive. Search anything Trump's ever said below including tweets. Search results include who likely transcribed the tweet.

https://factba.se

i guess i will just put this here:

http://thehill.com/homenews/adminis...ot-in-presidential-rankings-survey-on-overall

Trump takes last spot in experts' presidential rankings survey
© Greg Nash
President Trump has placed last among U.S. commanders in chief in a recent survey of experts.

The 2018 Presidents & Executive Politics Presidential Greatness Survey asks respondents, each of them current and recent members of the Presidents & Executive Politics Section of the American Political Science Association, to rate each president on a scale of 0-100 for overall greatness.

full list: https://sps.boisestate.edu/politicalscience/files/2018/02/Greatness.pdf

To be fair, I would imagine accomplishments are a large part of that survey, and Trump has only had 1 year to tally any. Just wait until he starts and wins World War III!

Also interesting that even Republicans placed Obama as the 16th best president. Not too bad considering how much crying there was for 8 straight years. It's almost as though people were being unreasonable...

Imagine buying a book about the faith of Donald Trump. That is one hell of a con job.

"interesting read." like he read it.

And the rage from this morning's indictment has commenced..

here's a fact: the sanctions passed with overwhelming bipartisan support haven't been implemented by you.

Back