• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim ban already having effect

Kerr's father was assasinated in Beirut back in the 70s. Was president of an American University there. The Times had a good but sad story about him around Christmas time.

Nice work Don.

Jihadist groups hail Trump’s travel ban as a victory

Jihadist groups on Sunday celebrated the Trump administration’s ban on travel from seven Muslim-majority countries, saying the new policy validates their claim that the United States is at war with Islam.

Comments posted to pro-Islamic State social media accounts predicted that President Trump’s executive order would persuade American Muslims to side with the extremists. One posting hailed the U.S. president as “the best caller to Islam,” while others predicted that Trump would soon launch a new war in the Middle East.

“[Islamic State leader Abu Bakr] al-Baghdadi has the right to come out and inform Trump that banning Muslims from entering America is a ‘blessed ban,’” said one posting to a pro-Islamic State channel on Telegram, a social-media platform. The writer compared the executive order to the U.S. invasion of Iraq in 2003, which Islamic militant leaders at the time hailed as a “blessed invasion” that ignited anti-Western fervor across the Islamic world.

Checkpoint newsletter
Military, defense and security at home and abroad.
[Trump promised disruption. That’s what he’s delivering]

Several postings suggested that Trump was fulfilling the predictions of Anwar al-Awlaki, the American born al-Qaeda leader and preacher who famously said that the “West would eventually turn against its Muslim citizens.” Awlaki was killed in a U.S. drone strike in Yemen in 2011.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...s-635pm:homepage/story&utm_term=.661aceb98f3a

I suggest you find another source somewhere in-between WaPo and Breitbart. Good grief that article is bad. You can just read all the dumb conservative Facebook takes to get that ignorant shillbait. Breitbart still incable of nuance. The answer to "things are terrible" isn't ever, "things are good". An overly simplistic conservative spin is just as bad as an overly simplistic liberal spin.

The courts? The federal courts are going to include Trump appointees before long.

Scenes like this will only stop the bleeding for a little while.

16195981_10154121130287117_3256026948405933666_n.jpg

My only question is "what is Steve Bartman doing at the protest?" (Lower right)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I thought it was a Jimmy Fallon skit.

Kerr's father was assasinated in Beirut back in the 70s. Was president of an American University there. The Times had a good but sad story about him around Christmas time.

Arizona State fans chanted PLO at Kerr when he played for Arizona.

Back