• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim ban already having effect

where is the outrage of any of these countries banning Jews from entering their country. Yes Jews are banned. This is not a ban. you let the media work everyone up in tizzy just like a la Mike Brown. Not the first time liberals get out front and make a shit storm with skewing facts. If you truly believe this is an atrocity then why not make the condemnation consistent?

Smh. Yes, we should join those countries in a race to the bottom. What happened to the party of Reagan and the shining city on a hill?

Smh. Yes, we should join those countries in a race to the bottom. What happened to the party of Reagan and the shining city on a hill?

now you like Reagan. We should rush to scream the sky is falling? Sure there are some concerns....but he he did campaign on this and the democratic united states has spoken. I do not think in light of the current climate that there is anything wrong with taking a hard look at the vetting process.

Just so we are clear, if President Trump starts chopping off hands of people convicted of theft, 89 is fine with it because Yemen does it.

Same for stoning, honor killings, and everything else.

Just so we are clear, if President Trump starts chopping off hands of people convicted of theft, 89 is fine with it because Yemen does it.

Same for stoning, honor killings, and everything else.

no thats sharia law. Dems are ok with that.

now you like Reagan. We should rush to scream the sky is falling? Sure there are some concerns....but he he did campaign on this and the democratic united states has spoken. I do not think in light of the current climate that there is anything wrong with taking a hard look at the vetting process.

So maybe the administration should have, you know, looked at it. This is not "looking at it" This is doing something.

You make the worst arguments.

The Delta computer outage occured after the protests had reached their peak.
I'll trust this ABC News article over an opinion piece in the WaPo:
As a result of the Kentucky case, the State Department stopped processing Iraq refugees for six months in 2011, federal officials told ABC News – even for many who had heroically helped U.S. forces as interpreters and intelligence assets. One Iraqi who had aided American troops was assassinated before his refugee application could be processed, because of the immigration delays, two U.S. officials said. In 2011, fewer than 10,000 Iraqis were resettled as refugees in the U.S., half the number from the year before, State Department statistics show.
http://abcnews.go.com/Blotter/al-qa...terrorists-country-refugees/story?id=20931131

I don't mind not taking Syrian refugees en masse as that has gone poorly everywhere else, but I'm really against "the Muslim ban." I don't see how it makes us safer.

So maybe the administration should have, you know, looked at it. This is not "looking at it" This is doing something.

I know as a dem you are only used to looking at things. Its shocking that a president is taking action.

Just months ago you are were all laughing saying Trump fooled all the rubes and he isnt going to do anything he said he was lying etc.
Now your all shocked he is doing what he said.

Its exhausting to watch you guys flail around.

I know as a dem you are only used to looking at things. Its shocking that a president is taking action.

Just months ago you are were all laughing saying Trump fooled all the rubes and he isnt going to do anything he said he was lying etc.
Now your all shocked he is doing what he said.

Its exhausting to watch you guys flail around.

Way to contradict yourself in 2 posts. Good work.

I don't mind not taking Syrian refugees en masse as that has gone poorly everywhere else, but I'm really against "the Muslim ban." I don't see how it makes us safer.

It's not a "Muslim ban". We're taking in Muslims from almost every single Muslim majority country. Only 7 out of 54. Indonesia with over 200,000,000 Muslims, welcome. Pakistan with 175,000,000, welcome. Bangladesh, welcome.

This article asserts that the "boggled," disorganized roll out of the immigration EO was completely intentional and designed to see the judiciary had any power in halting actions of the executive branch. I am a smart, well educated person, not usually prone to conspiracy theories, but could some please tell me why this guy is wrong and that there is nothing to worry about here.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.sktxf3qa9

I still don't know if I think Trump is a genius who is playing us all, or a complete moron who has no idea what he's doing and is still playing us all by appealing to the lowest common denominator in the United States.

Either way he has fascist tendencies, but I don't know if it's intentional, or just out of sheer incompetence that he is able to pull it off.

This article asserts that the "boggled," disorganized roll out of the immigration EO was completely intentional and designed to see the judiciary had any power in halting actions of the executive branch. I am a smart, well educated person, not usually prone to conspiracy theories, but could some please tell me why this guy is wrong and that there is nothing to worry about here.

https://medium.com/@yonatanzunger/trial-balloon-for-a-coup-e024990891d5#.sktxf3qa9

Depends how much faith you have in the 3 most reasonable GOP senators, ~35 most reasonable GOP representatives, and General Mattis.

It's not a "Muslim ban". We're taking in Muslims from almost every single Muslim majority country. Only 7 out of 54. Indonesia with over 200,000,000 Muslims, welcome. Pakistan with 175,000,000, welcome. Bangladesh, welcome.

Yeah that's why I put it in quotes. I still disagree with it though

What percentage of Syrian refuges have been arrested, charged, or convicted of breaking laws in countries in which they have resettled?

Back