• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Muslim ban already having effect

She should not have left her little puppy. I hope it's with someone who cares about it and not a kennel.

No. Trump isn't going to appoint judges who will overrule him. Anybody with power can rationalize any way possible to get from Point A to Point B anyway.

Dude, you really do not get how courts work. Presidents appoint judges all the fucking time who make rulings that do not gel with what they'd want/prefer. Judges are not fucking robots for anyone. I get the concern in a very general type of way. And yes, there will be head scratchers from time to time and there will be all sorts of cases where what you think is right is not ruled. But, overall, the judicial branch is just different. They are bound by standards that have loads of precedent to interpret them. And if someone goes off the rails big time - as Trump has done here - they'll get stopped. I have a law school classmate who is in Trump's final five for a SCOTUS nomination. She clerked for Scalia. I can assure you she'd say this order that has us all worked and lathered is completely FUCKED UP. Because it is just patently obvious under the general precepts of administrative law that it is FUCKED UP. Think about how Obama got shut down a few times for executive overreach. That wasn't done just by conservative judges. These standards have loads and loads and loads of precedent and many of these cases are just preposterously easy no matter your political background.

Take this case. You hand someone a bucket of rights. They leave the country and you tell them the bucket of rights no longer applies unless they do X Y or Z eventhough they have no reason to be embroiled in a legal process? Fish in a barrel.

DeacMan, why would Trump nominate and the Republicans approve someone who will get in their way?

I get how courts work. You don't get how this government works.

One of the residents in our hospital (she is from Sudan and is working here on a work visa) was detained for 10 hours (without food) at JFK and then put on a plane back to Saudi Arabia :(

And screw you if what you walk away from in this situation is "ohh, poor dog..."

Our country is an absolute joke right now. We're promoting torture and arbitrarily telling people they're no longer allowed in the country they've lived in, legally, for years because they are Muslim. Democrats and moderates need to stop being pushovers and start telling this fascist right wing minority to fuck off.

A little uncalled for.

Somebody needs to find that green card for Mohajeffra Al-bzdelaka and drop a dime to homeland security asap while this EO still has some legs.

And before you try to tell me I'm some negrep warrior here's what I'll happily post for all to see:

Fuck you, asshole. I've defended you and your stupid naïve questions on here for years, and you have the audacity to call me a cunt after you make a stupid comment. Grow up, open your eyes, and realize you're 100% in the wrong here.

Calling you a dipshit for not realizing it's a woman is hardly on the same level as what you just did. I'd call anyone a dipshit for that.

I think the argument most people made back then was predicated on anti-Semitism. But for those that did make an economic argument, the tragedy that unfolded does not mean the point they were making was incorrect, though it might have been. Anyway to answer your question, no, I don't think it was right to turn those people away and more should have been done by the global community to help them. But what do you suggest- we take in the billions of people in the world who are constantly at risk and are forced to eek out a living on less than $2 a day? What you want to see happen is that we continue take in a miniscule percentage of those in danger, plucking them from refugee camps as the lucky chosen ones, as well as continuing to allow millions to cross our southern border, without regard for our own unemployed and vulnerable citizens (you've admitted before something like you're not concerned about what happens to poor Americans or our environment as a result of immigration). Instead of taking the most capable people from these camps, which is often what we do, it makes more sense from my perspective for them to remain in the region until things settle down and they can return to their homes and help to rebuild their country. They've made it to a relatively safe country. I understand people wanting a better life. But if we cleaned out the camps and allowed them all to immigrate it would devastate the livelihoods of our own people. The sad reality is that we can't significantly help the people in these regions through immigration AND immigration does hurt native born citizens. Instead of picking the most capable from the camps and contributing to a brain drain in the region, we need to help them where they are.

very well put

Our country is an absolute joke right now. We're promoting torture and arbitrarily telling people they're no longer allowed in the country they've lived in, legally, for years because they are Muslim. Democrats and moderates need to stop being pushovers and start telling this fascist right wing minority to fuck off.

Double down on stupid and run Elizabeth Warren in 2020. That should do it. :thumbsup:

I think the argument most people made back then was predicated on anti-Semitism. But for those that did make an economic argument, the tragedy that unfolded does not mean the point they were making was incorrect, though it might have been. Anyway to answer your question, no, I don't think it was right to turn those people away and more should have been done by the global community to help them. But what do you suggest- we take in the billions of people in the world who are constantly at risk and are forced to eek out a living on less than $2 a day? What you want to see happen is that we continue take in a miniscule percentage of those in danger, plucking them from refugee camps as the lucky chosen ones, as well as continuing to allow millions to cross our southern border, without regard for our own unemployed and vulnerable citizens (you've admitted before something like you're not concerned about what happens to poor Americans or our environment as a result of immigration). Instead of taking the most capable people from these camps, which is often what we do, it makes more sense from my perspective for them to remain in the region until things settle down and they can return to their homes and help to rebuild their country. They've made it to a relatively safe country. I understand people wanting a better life. But if we cleaned out the camps and allowed them all to immigrate it would devastate the livelihoods of our own people. The sad reality is that we can't significantly help the people in these regions through immigration AND immigration does hurt native born citizens. Instead of picking the most capable from the camps and contributing to a brain drain in the region, we need to help them where they are.

So if it's true that Trump was motivated by a desire to ban Muslims, as Giuliani said, are you changing your tune?

Oh jeez comrade bob really is a piece of shit.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

DeacMan, why would Trump nominate and the Republicans approve someone who will get in their way?

I get how courts work. You don't get how this government works.

You are aware of the completely preposterous nature of this post in terms of what it presumes about human beings, right? A judge in Washington State also just issued a TRO on this thing. He's a Reagan appointee. His job was to interpret law and he did so.

Last edited:
Can be please get rid of Bob2. He's gone from annoying alt-bot to aggressive thread spammer to now insulting one of our nicest posters with basically the worst word you could call a woman.

He really is a total POS with no redeeming value on the boards.

At least posters need to stop responding to him.

Back