• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

It's also unsettling for the reason that it just goes to show Bannon's stature in this administration. The dude is the publisher of a white supremacist media entity, and, if this first week is any indication, he seems to be driving the policy train.

We all knew Trump was an empty suit and would go along with whoever had his ear, because he is a very dim man. Unfortunately, the one who currently has his ear is Bannon.

Reactions: ONW
Having said that, I'm curious what the argument *against* is from our friends on the left. Is the concern Bannon will overpower Sec Def, Sec State and NSA with his overwhelming intellectual horsepower? I don't see it..

Trump already let Bannon over rule the head of Homeland Security once this weekend, you don't think the same thing will happen with Sec State or Sec Defense?

"Then we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant.
“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ld-me-he-was-a-leninist.html?via=twitter_page

Beatrix, here's a question for you, if Obama put a person with zero national security experience and ties to extremist politics on the NBC would you have opposed it?

This is a very simple question. My answer is "Yes". Yours?

Trump already let Bannon over rule the head of Homeland Security once this weekend, you don't think the same thing will happen with Sec State or Sec Defense?

"Then we had a long talk about his approach to politics. He never called himself a “populist” or an “American nationalist,” as so many think of him today. “I’m a Leninist,” Bannon proudly proclaimed.

Shocked, I asked him what he meant.
“Lenin,” he answered, “wanted to destroy the state, and that’s my goal too. I want to bring everything crashing down, and destroy all of today’s establishment.” Bannon was employing Lenin’s strategy for Tea Party populist goals. He included in that group the Republican and Democratic Parties, as well as the traditional conservative press."

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articl...ld-me-he-was-a-leninist.html?via=twitter_page

Oh...well that's no good.

He also noted that Trump will continue to meet with the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of staff, but he just wants to focus on making the NSC “less bureaucratic and more focused on providing the president with the intelligence he needs.”

Raddatz asked specifically what Bannon provides to these meetings. Spicer said, “Well, he is a former naval officer. He’s got a tremendous understanding of the world and the geopolitical landscape that we have now… Having the chief strategist for the president in those meetings who has a significant military background to help guide what the president’s final analysis is going to be is crucial. ”

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/sean-spi...ing-in-on-national-security-council-meetings/

More fear-inspired panic from Trump and his lemmings. Trump so far out of his depth, and his supporters, devoid of facts and historical context, react with support.

Meanwhile the GOP, the ones who can shut this shit down, are gutless wusses.

If you like white supremacists, skin heads, the KKK, I can see your point BobStack.

Bob isn't a troll. He's an idiot who doesn't think Bannon promotes, supports and profits from white supremacy. Nor does he think having the top producer of white supremacy data in the world in the office next to the POTUS is bad.

I can't be of the only one of the opinion that military command if a crazy order came would ignored it.

I'm not sure. Didn't Trump have a lot of support from military voters? What would be considered a crazy order? Is there precedent for such a thing?

I can't be of the only one of the opinion that military command if a crazy order came would ignored it.

President Trump is the commander in chief you deranged traitors. If you're rooting for a junta move to South America.

Last edited:
Ph I'm thinking along the lines of actions against international law, like trump really really wants to torture people but I think he got it through his head people weren't going to follow that order so relented. Another scenario I could see is the use of nuclear weapons.

Ph I'm thinking along the lines of actions against international law, like trump really really wants to torture people but I think he got it through his head people weren't going to follow that order so relented. Another scenario I could see is the use of nuclear weapons.

After the election there was all that talk about who took him seriously but not literally and vice versa. It looks like he should indeed have been taken literally. Oh, and he asked "why don't we use nukes since we have so many?" so this is becoming more and more worrisome.

More fear-inspired panic from Trump and his lemmings. Trump so far out of his depth, and his supporters, devoid of facts and historical context, react with support.

Meanwhile the GOP, the ones who can shut this shit down, are gutless wusses.

Bake... the Times tells me Obama had Axelrod in the NSC meetings early in his tenure to provide advice and counsel. Were you as concerned then?

Back