• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

He is showing he has no clue what he is doing. He's is keeping crazy yahoos in the meetings and barring those who know what to do. Trump is proving he is dangerous to the nation and the world.

The real issue is that Bannon has no business being anywhere close to the President of the United States, much less national security council meetings.

If you are of the opinion that Bannon is a normal human being with acceptable viewpoints providing sound advice to the President then I doubt you think it's a big deal that he's in these meetings (you are also probably a white supremacist).

If you were in the camp (whether supporting Trump or not) that hoped that Trump would surround himself with and listen to rational actors on the right then this move should scare the shit out of you.

Trump is a man notorious for basing decisions off of the last conversation he had, which makes it particularly concerning that the last conversation he has on national security matters before making a decision is more likely to be with a crazy, far-right conspiracy theorist rather than the highest ranking members of the military and intelligence community.

I am very afraid of having someone in the meetings who is a crazed conspiracy theorist, who is too close Russia (Flynn) and a person who made fortune promoting lies that intentionally divided our country on the behalf of white supremacists (Bannon).

Neither Bannon nor Flynn should be allowed in the same building as an NSC meeting. Each too dangerous to our nation and the world.

Trump himself fits all of these descriptors.

No one trolls libs quite like Steve Bannon, renegade klansman.

Last edited:
I still don't see any rational explanation for excluding the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence from the National Security Council. They should be there for every meeting.

I still don't see any rational explanation for excluding the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff and the Director of National Intelligence from the National Security Council. They should be there for every meeting.

Probably because in the West Wing they were both black

Not enough chairs. It's a smallish room. Looking for a bigger room, but until then we had to cut a few people. Give it 90 days; wait and see; everything will be fine.

seems qualified to me

He graduated from Virginia Tech in 1976 with a bachelor's degree in urban planning and holds a master's degree in National Security Studies from Georgetown University School of Foreign Service. In 1985,[31] Bannon received a Master of Business Administration degree with honors from Harvard Business School.[32]

no.. really.. i didn't. you flipped to Obama and i wasn't sure if you were referencing a similar but unrelated scenario. call me dense.. wouldn't be the first time my low horsepower intellect was called to account on our fair boards...

but.. as long as you're referencing Obama.. I'll ask you the same question I asked Bake --- were you as concerned when Obama included Axelrod in NSC meetings in a material and meaningful way to provide advice and counsel?

Beatrix. you are being dishonest and rude. I asked a direct and specific question. Rather than answering you changed it dramatically. It was about including Steve Bannon. Don't change the subject!

How come I'm not surprised at this effort by you?

Why won't you answer what I asked?

Hi RJ.. again, nice to be conversing with you.

Rude? I've seen rude.. unfortunately quite recently on another thread ... this ain't rude, friend. You drinking?

Anyway.. i'll be happy to answer your question -- 'no'.

Now.. will you answer mine?

I wouldn't have anyone in the room who didn't have national security experience. Axelrod didn't.

Obama didn't have Axelrod in the room. Trump wants to have Bannon. That's a huge difference in concern for the safety of the US.

Anyone with a brain would understand that Bannon is dangerous is eminently an easy target for blackmail.

You can't compare something that didn't happen to what Trump wants to happen.

i think you missed my question to Bake. Obama *did* have Axelrod in the room for an extended period of time to provide advice and counsel on specific issues (per the NYT).

I wouldn't have done it, but it's still not the same. It's disingenuous to compare Axelrod to Bannon or even attempt to do so. Axelrod has proven to be a person of integrity and professionalism. Bannon is a wild who has harmed our nation for years by legitimizing hate and bogitry. He is the person behind "fake news" and "alternate facts".

From Axelrod's own mouth:

In justifying the appointment of Steve Bannon, the president's chief strategist, to the National Security Council, Trump spokesman Sean Spicer cited my role in the Obama White House as a precedent. Spicer said press secretary Robert Gibbs and I attended classified National Security Council meetings "all the time."
That is simply not true.

As a senior adviser to President Obama in 2009, I had the opportunity to witness the fateful deliberations of his National Security Council Principals committee over the strategy the U.S would pursue in the war with Al Qaeda in Afghanistan and Pakistan.
I was not a member of the committee. I did not speak or participate. I sat on the sidelines as a silent observer with Gibbs because we would be called upon to publicly discuss the president's decision on that critical matter and the process by which he arrived at it.

We knew our presence chagrined some of the principals but, acting on the president's instructions, we were there to gain a thorough understanding of what would be one of the most important judgments he would make as commander-in-chief.

Our access also came with limits. We were barred from some of the most sensitive meetings on the Afghanistan-Pakistan policy review so as not to inhibit discussions.
Beyond that, Gibbs and I did not attend regular meetings of the NSC Principals committee or their deputies nor were we invited to weekly meetings on terrorist threats.

We did not attend the president's regular meetings with the Secretary of Defense and chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff nor with the Secretary of State.

We did not sit in on the president's daily intelligence briefing.

Our expertise was in politics and communications, not national security and foreign policy and our attendance, much less participation, in these meetings would have been inappropriate.

Where aides were needed, the National Security Adviser and Chief of Staff filled the role.

I am as shocked and, honestly, frightened by these insane moves as the majority of those that read that the Director of National Intelligence and Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff are no longer on the NSC, but we've gotta be honest about what we're witnessing.

This whole first 2 weeks or more is about nothing other than Trump showing who has the biggest (obviously metaphorical) dick. He is grabbing the country by the pussy and showing anyone and everyone around the world whose pussy it is. It's his and he's going to do whatever the fuck he wants with it.

If that's not scary, then I don't know what is.

I love how everyone is picking up on this whole Holocaust thing to show Trump is an anti-Semite when in the real world Isreal couldn't be happier with the Trump white house. I have no idea if Trump is good or bad, and haven't learned much, other than the fact that the left leaning sites are just as biased as everyone on the left thinks Breitbart is.

I love how everyone is picking up on this whole Holocaust thing to show Trump is an anti-Semite when in the real world Isreal couldn't be happier with the Trump white house. I have no idea if Trump is good or bad, and haven't learned much, other than the fact that the left leaning sites are just as biased as everyone on the left thinks Breitbart is.

The Zionist Organization of America and the Republican Jewish Coalition are as right wing as they come and both joined in the criticism of the remarks.

The Zionist Organization of America and the Republican Jewish Coalition are as right wing as they come and both joined in the criticism of the remarks.

Maybe Bannon learned not to even say the word Jew from all the slack he got from the Bill Kristol article

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I would say there is a great % of Israelis that are not fond of Netanyahu ...Funny he didn't criticize Trump for not bringing up the Jews in his Holocaust statement ...

I mean it's not like he said something bad about the Jews , Christ if we're going to dissect every fracking statement made this is going to be a long four years

I mean it's not like he said something bad about the Jews , Christ if we're going to dissect every fracking statement made this is going to be a long four years

Yes, it will be a very long four years.

It wasn't an oversight though. According to the Administration's spokesman Hope Hicks, they intentionally left any reference to the Jewish people out of the statement. It got attention because it is a clear break from what past presidents have done. Steve Bannon and Stephen Miller's past associations are going to have people watching this sort of thing closely.

Back