• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

For people who want to really get in the mind of Bannon - Here's a good long interview. Obviously I don't like the fact he views Christians > Atheist comparisons, but love his takes on Capitalism as a whole and cleaning up Wall Street, and he's probably right about Islam. It will also show he's not Putin's puppet like you all think,

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfede...entire-world?utm_term=.peqZ1yQNRm#.dg7zjaXZEy

I don't think anybody things *he's* Putin's puppet. He's the one that wants to burn society to the ground.

For people who want to really get in the mind of Bannon - Here's a good long interview. Obviously I don't like the fact he views Christians > Atheist comparisons, but love his takes on Capitalism as a whole and cleaning up Wall Street, and he's probably right about Islam. It will also show he's not Putin's puppet like you all think,

https://www.buzzfeed.com/lesterfede...entire-world?utm_term=.peqZ1yQNRm#.dg7zjaXZEy

How do you clean up Wall Street when there are so many representatives on Trump's advisory board and Cabinet?

How do you clean up Wall Street when there are so many representatives on Trump's advisory board and Cabinet?

You think Donald Trump will have difficulties talking tough to his employees? Bannon's position is rather clear, and from what I gather he doesn't seem the type to flip into a crony himself. That's not his MO.

I don't think Trump has an ounce of idealism in his body at all and is a complete and total political mercenary. When he surrounds himself by ex-Wall Street folks he will inevitably be persuaded by them, intentionally or unintentionally.

I don't think Trump has an ounce of idealism in his body at all and is a complete and total political mercenary. When he surrounds himself by ex-Wall Street folks he will inevitably be persuaded by them, intentionally or unintentionally.

Agreed on Trump. Disagree if Bannon sticks around and gets to push his agenda.

That’s a great question. The 2008 crisis, I think the financial crisis — which, by the way, I don’t think we’ve come through — is really driven I believe by the greed, much of it driven by the greed of the investment banks. My old firm, Goldman Sachs — traditionally the best banks are leveraged 8:1. When we had the financial crisis in 2008, the investment banks were leveraged 35:1. Those rules had specifically been changed by a guy named Hank Paulson. He was secretary of Treasury. As chairman of Goldman Sachs, he had gone to Washington years before and asked for those changes. That made the banks not really investment banks, but made them hedge funds — and highly susceptible to changes in liquidity. And so the crisis of 2008 was, quite frankly, really never recovered from in the United States. It’s one of the reasons last quarter you saw 2.9% negative growth in a quarter. So the United States economy is in very, very tough shape.

And one of the reasons is that we’ve never really gone and dug down and sorted through the problems of 2008. Particularly the fact — think about it — not one criminal charge has ever been brought to any bank executive associated with 2008 crisis. And in fact, it gets worse. No bonuses and none of their equity was taken. So part of the prime drivers of the wealth that they took in the 15 years leading up to the crisis was not hit at all, and I think that’s one of the fuels of this populist revolt that we’re seeing as the tea party. So I think there are many, many measures, particularly about getting the banks on better footing, making them address all the liquid assets they have. I think you need a real clean-up of the banks’ balance sheets.

In addition, I think you really need to go back and make banks do what they do: Commercial banks lend money, and investment banks invest in entrepreneurs and to get away from this trading — you know, the hedge fund securitization, which they’ve all become basically trading operations and securitizations and not put capital back and really grow businesses and to grow the economy. So I think it’s a whole area that just — and I will tell you, the underpinning of this populist revolt is the financial crisis of 2008. That revolt, the way that it was dealt with, the way that the people who ran the banks and ran the hedge funds have never really been held accountable for what they did, has fueled much of the anger in the tea party movement in the United States

I don't think this guy is going to change his mind.

Yeah, I guess it comes down to who he trusts more/who is more persuasive.

That could be good for the financial stuff, probably not so good for the immigration and other odd views that Bannon holds.

You think Donald Trump will have difficulties talking tough to his employees? Bannon's position is rather clear, and from what I gather he doesn't seem the type to flip into a crony himself. That's not his MO.

He talks tough and steals from them. He's stolen from employees for decades. Short of sweatshops, Trump is one of America's worst employers. This is something else the Dems failed to highlight during the election.

Yeah, I guess it comes down to who he trusts more/who is more persuasive.

That could be good for the financial stuff, probably not so good for the immigration and other odd views that Bannon holds.

I think Trump wants to win. He wants to be the biggest winner. He doesn't like how all the other guys got their money. He doesn't like the Wall Street folks. He'll put the screws on pretty much everyone except the real estate industry.

I think Trump wants to win. He wants to be the biggest winner. He doesn't like how all the other guys got their money. He doesn't like the Wall Street folks. He'll put the screws on pretty much everyone except the real estate industry.

lol

Today's news says the exact opposite.

Today's news says the exact opposite.

Yeap, today he wanted to get rid of Dodd Frank, so no need to beat up on them yet. Get all the things you want from em first, then beat em up. Doing it the other way around wouldn't make sense.

Agreed on Trump. Disagree if Bannon sticks around and gets to push his agenda.

I don't think this guy is going to change his mind.

These are Bannon quotes? Damn it, I hate it when I agree with with white-supremecist, Nazi types.

"Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/...smid=tw-share&referer=https://t.co/BXYZ3cp9WY

Good Lord.

"Mr. Priebus bristles at the perception that he occupies a diminished perch in the West Wing pecking order compared with previous chiefs. But for the moment, Mr. Bannon remains the president’s dominant adviser, despite Mr. Trump’s anger that he was not fully briefed on details of the executive order he signed giving his chief strategist a seat on the National Security Council, a greater source of frustration to the president than the fallout from the travel ban."

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/05/...smid=tw-share&referer=https://t.co/BXYZ3cp9WY

Good Lord.

Basically Trump doesn't know what he's signing. Awesome

Good Lord.

so a senile 80 year old man is easily manipulated by more insidious, calculating political operatives? that's defs. never happened before. Too bad there was no way to see this coming!

Back