• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

Steve Bannon dropped $60 million on WoW imaginary gold.

The story focuses on the World of Warcraft marketplace called Internet Gaming Entertainment, where players could pay real money for virtual goods, like gold, in the game. The company was founded by former child star Brock Pierce, and Bannon was an investor. Bannon managed to convince Goldman Sachs to plow $60 million into a company that sold imaginary goods in an imaginary world.

Surely there’s a metaphor in there somewhere.

Here’s a bit of the original article:

Goldman Sachs started making visits, inspecting the Asian operations and talking with Bannon and others about terms. Finally, on February 7, 2006, the deal was inked: Goldman Sachs, together with a consortium of private funds, made a reported $60 million investment in the company. Part of the money was used to buy Pierce, Salyer, and IGE’s general counsel, Randy Maslow, out of some of their stock in the company. Pierce walked away with $20 million and still retained the controlling share of a company that was doing more than a quarter of a billion dollars in sales a year.

In 2007, following a major lawsuit by one World of Warcraft player, who accused IGE of “substantially impairing” players’ enjoyment of the game, the company took a nosedive. It rebranded to Affinity Media, and Bannon took over as CEO. He stayed in that role until 2012, when he joined Breitbart, which, coincidentally, also peddles imaginary stuff on the Internet.

Link

Fallguytitlescreen.jpg

Trump Appoints Art Historian Victoria Coates to National Security Council

"The appointment of Coates to the NSC came weeks before a report by the New York Times which described the council in turmoil. Perhaps her art history background will help them adjust to the new boss’s pivot away from text and towards visuals. Among the details reported by the New York Times was that briefing memos for President Trump must now be kept to one page, “with lots of graphics and maps.”

“The president likes maps,” one official told the New York Times."

https://www.artsy.net/article/artsy-editorial-trump-appoints-art-historian-national-security-council

Well at least now conservatives can't mock art history majors.

Spicer tweets in response that that is 100% not true. Not sure of the upside of making a statement like that. Either he's right (as he should be as the press secretary and as part of the administration where you shouldn't have nominees withdrawing) or he's wrong and looks even more buffoonish.

Seems like that dude was trying to get fired.

There was a guy at the Boeing event in SC wearing an "I Love Trump" t-shirt. He was later asked to become the NSA.

So why not just make a correction? But yes, its lol. And also, Bannon may be the only guy in there that's suspicious of Russia. Probably smart to have him on the council at this point. Y'all should be glad he's there.

So why not just make a correction? But yes, its lol. And also, Bannon may be the only guy in there that's suspicious of Russia. Probably smart to have him on the council at this point. Y'all should be glad he's there.

Admittedly I haven't seen much on Bannons position on Russia but any dude who claims he's a Leninist (even if it's out of context) is a little suspicious to me. I'll trust Mattis and McMaster over Bannon any day of the week. Also anyone involved in political strategy should not be involved in issues of national security. Communications, domestic policy, maybe some international policy issues...fine. But he shouldn't have a voice on national security if his job is to look at subjects from a strictly political perspective.

Note: this also assumes the person is rational and not off his/her rocker. The closer one is to the latter, there further he/she should be from this seat and the White House in general.

Steve Bannon placed on National Security Council

Admittedly I haven't seen much on Bannons position on Russia but any dude who claims he's a Leninist (even if it's out of context) is a little suspicious to me. I'll trust Mattis and McMaster over Bannon any day of the week. Also anyone involved in political strategy should not be involved in issues of national security. Communications, domestic policy, maybe some international policy issues...fine. But he shouldn't have a voice on national security if his job is to look at subjects from a strictly political perspective.

Note: this is also assumes the person is rational and not off his/her rocker.

Bannon has a masters degree in national security studies from Georgetown (which I didn't even know existed until researching Steve Bannon) and his entire ideological platform that he shares with and that got Trump elected is based on protecting America.

So he seems like exactly the guy the American people voted to be in that room, and he seems qualified. He did let a Jewish guy use the word Jew in a headline once, though, so maybe not

He does not seem to be a political operative who only cares about party, as you describe him as being there for a political perspective. He's there for a nationalistic perspective, and that's what we voted for:

His public statements are not in league with Russia. He's as distrusting of Russia as he is of Islam.

The Russian connection seems to be Manafort, and yeah that guy seems dirty to hell as me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Bannon has a masters degree in national security studies from Georgetown (which I didn't even know existed until researching Steve Bannon) and his entire ideological platform that he shares with and that got Trump elected is based on protecting America.

So he seems like exactly the guy the American people voted to be in that room, and he seems qualified. He did let a Jewish guy use the word Jew in a headline once, though, so maybe not

He does not seem to be a political operative who only cares about party, as you describe him as being there for a political perspective. He's there for a nationalistic perspective, and that's what we voted for:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think you're missing my point. His job is to develop political and communications strategy for the White House. So he's the guy that looks at the electorate and says "oh 85% of high propensity trump voters in swing districts are really concerned about issue X. Maybe I will persuade the president to issue an executive order on issue x right before the midterms so we can keep these House seats so Trump doesn't get impeached."

Insert anything related to war for "issue x" and you have a recipe for disaster.

Last edited:
Also we voted for a nationalist? You and 46% of those who voted, voted for a nationalist.

I think you're missing my point. His job is to develop political and communications strategy for the White House. So he's the guy that looks at the electorate and says "oh 85% of high propensity trump voters in swing districts are really concerned about issue X. Maybe I will persuade the president to issue an executive order on issue x right before the midterms so we can keep these House seats and build the wall."

Insert anything related to war for "issue x" and you have a recipe for disaster.

That's not his job in the White House. That's the RNC's job. He's there to execute his vision for America, which he's quite open about. If you think a guy with the ego of Bannon is there analyzing swing districts and worrying about house seats, I think we just disagree. He's there trying to figure out how to convince Trump and Congress to do his bidding on a grander scale.

Last edited:
Also we voted for a nationalist? You and 46% of those who voted for a nationalist.

I've never voted for a Republican in my life and am a Democrat, FWIW. I'm pro abortion and an athiest, and lost my cushy $700/hr job at 25 because some jackass values republican decided I couldn't gamble on the internet anymore and attached it to a rider on a port security bill in 2006. I've also lived in a mexican neighborhood for 10 years now and like and have no problems with them and live with an illegal immigrant. So yeah, I hate the republicans as much as you do, and will never in my life vote for one as long as they're tied to the religious right.

They're prolly right about burdensome regulations though. And you're prolly wrong about Steve Bannon.

Last edited:
Back