• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

it's not even low key

giphy.gif

I've said all along that if the media wants to really ruffle Trump's feathers, start blaming him for all the things that go wrong, and giving Pence and Bannon all the credit when things go right. The man flat out can't handle it.

The US bench is not very deep.

So he threatened to quit, and when that didn't work, spread the story that he was only there to babysit Mike Flynn. "The breakup was mutual, really."

Avalon, what is that Axios publication? I've seen a lot of stories by them lately, and I can't really tell what type of journalistic outlet they're trying to be.

Avalon, what is that Axios publication? I've seen a lot of stories by them lately, and I can't really tell what type of journalistic outlet they're trying to be.

Looks like it is a new media company started by the founders of Politico. It has been posted by people I follow on Twitter here and there. From wiki:

AXIOS Media or Axios is a news and information company started in 2016 by Politico co-founder Jim VandeHei, former Chief White House correspondent at Politico, Mike Allen, and former Politico Chief Revenue Officer Roy Schwartz. Axios launched in 2017. In the summer of 2016, it secured $10 million in a round of financing led by Lerer Hippeau Ventures. Backers include NBC News, Emerson Collective, Greycroft Partners, and David and Katherine Bradley, owners of Atlantic Media.

More:

EXCLUSIVE: MIKE ALLEN AND JIM VANDEHEI REVEAL THEIR PLAN FOR MEDIA DOMINATION

For VandeHei, too many media companies have fallen into the traffic trap, or as he has eloquently put it, the “crap trap.” What Axios is trying to do is occupy the space that VandeHei feels The New York Times and The Economist could have commanded if they weren’t tethered to their old print roots. He has joked with potential investors that Axios is best described as what you get if the “Economist mated with Twitter,” and “smartly narrated all the good stuff its own reporters missed,” according to someone familiar with the conversation. In late summer, Axios secured $10 million in financing. The round was led by Lerer Hippeau Ventures, the venture-capital firm integral to the launch of the Huffington Post and BuzzFeed. Also backing the venture is NBC News, which is a media partner and whose president, Andy Lack, will sit on the board. Other funders include Laurene Powell Jobs’s Emerson Collective, Greycroft Partners, and David and Katherine Bradley, owners of Atlantic Media.

Last edited:
Back