• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

I really don't care if you believe it or not. Your idea that anybody thinks "economic protectionism" = "Nazi" is hilarious.

You call a dude who ran a jewish news site a nazi all the time, you did about 10 posts ago.

Bullshite. He knew he was giving an interview. He's way too effin' savvy for that.

But here's the sad thing about his various comments in the 2 pieces on him in the last couple of days. Here are some of his comments:

Bannon … said in an interview that if Democrats want to fight over Confederate monuments and attack Mr. Trump as a bigot, that was a fight the president would win.

“President Trump, by asking, ‘Where does this all end’ — Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln — connects with the American people about their history, culture and traditions,” he said.

“The race-identity politics of the left wants to say it’s all racist,” Mr. Bannon added. “Just give me more. Tear down more statues. Say the revolution is coming. I can’t get enough of it.”

In the second interview, with the American Prospect, Bannon (supposedly believing himself to be off the record) elaborated a bit more on this general theme:

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Here's the problem. Is he incorrect in his analysis?

Bullshite. He knew he was giving an interview. He's way too effin' savvy for that.

But here's the sad thing about his various comments in the 2 pieces on him in the last couple of days. Here are some of his comments:

Bannon … said in an interview that if Democrats want to fight over Confederate monuments and attack Mr. Trump as a bigot, that was a fight the president would win.

“President Trump, by asking, ‘Where does this all end’ — Washington, Jefferson, Lincoln — connects with the American people about their history, culture and traditions,” he said.

“The race-identity politics of the left wants to say it’s all racist,” Mr. Bannon added. “Just give me more. Tear down more statues. Say the revolution is coming. I can’t get enough of it.”

In the second interview, with the American Prospect, Bannon (supposedly believing himself to be off the record) elaborated a bit more on this general theme:

“The Democrats,” he said, “the longer they talk about identity politics, I got ’em. I want them to talk about racism every day. If the left is focused on race and identity, and we go with economic nationalism, we can crush the Democrats.”

Here's the problem. Is he incorrect in his analysis?

No he's quite correct, because unfortunately there are tons of people who believe white "culture" is under attack. And they form Trump's base and are motivated by that kind of rhetoric.

No he's quite correct, because unfortunately there are tons of people who believe white "culture" is under attack. And they form Trump's base and are motivated by that kind of rhetoric.

Because the Republicans are experts at identity politics. White people who think other races are trying to take them over are going to go harder to the right as other races fight for equality.

I can't seem to find the article i read, but Bannon said that the Trump klan polled their base and all the race stuff did not move the scale...so all of this doesn't matter and it can stay on the front page and Trump will not lose his base. i thought that said a lot for his base and i think he is correct. where i do see it making an effect is in the Rep who want to get reelected. I can see more GOP distancing from trump but i am not sure if i see distancing from the GOP agenda.

on another note, i read that the Tenn Rep has called for another bill to impeach trump and essentially said that because the language is so vague that they can impeach the president for jaywalking if they get 60 votes in Senate and so forth. just interesting...keep talking shit about the GOP Trump, we will see.

It was from the guy who wrote the book on Bannon. And it wasn't just his base.

In one sense, Clinton’s speech had the desired effect: it sparked a nationwide debate about alt-right racism. But it didn’t prompt Trump to fire Bannon or distance himself in any way from his alt-right supporters. And as a political attack, it plainly failed. A month later, Trump’s poll numbers had improved. As Bannon told me in Devil’s Bargain, “We polled the race stuff and it doesn’t matter. It doesn’t move anyone who isn’t already in her camp.”

Link

I can't seem to find the article i read, but Bannon said that the Trump klan polled their base and all the race stuff did not move the scale...so all of this doesn't matter and it can stay on the front page and Trump will not lose his base. i thought that said a lot for his base and i think he is correct. where i do see it making an effect is in the Rep who want to get reelected. I can see more GOP distancing from trump but i am not sure if i see distancing from the GOP agenda.

on another note, i read that the Tenn Rep has called for another bill to impeach trump and essentially said that because the language is so vague that they can impeach the president for jaywalking if they get 60 votes in Senate and so forth. just interesting...keep talking shit about the GOP Trump, we will see.

Yeah, I think Bannon is correct, and it makes me really sad.

That said, Dem impeachment talk is just silly. Cohen should stfu.

...causes stocks to climb. umm...really? Trump is the bigger problem and he remains.

Bannon out. Is he going to go after Trump?

If Trump continues to pander to the nationalistic and racist breitbart crowd then probably not. If pulls a 180 and all of a sudden starts acting like a halfway real president then yes.

Bannon will go down as one of the worst decisions of the Trump presidency (of a very long list).

Bannon promised that he would go after him if he was fired...so i hope so. you know he has a lot of dirt.

Pretty obvious attempt to distance himseld from a very real connection to the alt-right. Too late in my mind, but this will be gobbled up by the defenders.

...causes stocks to climb. umm...really? Trump is the bigger problem and he remains.

Bannon is a hardcore economic nationalist in favor of hight tarrifs protecting the us. Stocks crashed yesterday because it looked like he might get more power in Washington. Clearly the markets think the rational underlings can control Trump.

Back