• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

Beatrix, here's a question for you, if Obama put a person with zero national security experience and ties to extremist politics on the NBC would you have opposed it?

This is a very simple question. My answer is "Yes". Yours?

Hi RJ -- good to converse with you as always. I don't know the NBC is.

I don't care who he chooses to add to the committee. I'm way more concerned about who he is excluding from some of the meetings. It is the National Security Council. The National Director of Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff strike me as people who should be on the committee and at every meeting (even their appearance there makes me more comfy).

I don't care who he chooses to add to the committee. I'm way more concerned about who he is excluding from some of the meetings. It is the National Security Council. The National Director of Intelligence and the Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff strike me as people who should be on the committee and at every meeting (even their appearance there makes me more comfy).

This.

I am very afraid of having someone in the meetings who is a crazed conspiracy theorist, who is too close Russia (Flynn) and a person who made fortune promoting lies that intentionally divided our country on the behalf of white supremacists (Bannon).

Neither Bannon nor Flynn should be allowed in the same building as an NSC meeting. Each too dangerous to our nation and the world.

Trump can talk to them about NSC matters any time he wants. Again, why does it matter whether that is in a NSC meeting or out?

I would hope Trump would respect the nation enough not to share such classified materials with outsiders. Maybe I'm dreaming.

I wouldn't think he would but if they say anything when they aren't there. the lifers from the intel community and military who are in the meetings will hang the others out to dry for doing so. They will still have their jobs.

WRT crazy orders, there have been several instances over the decades relating to nuclear threats specifically where people of all ranks in the chain of command in both our military and the soviet one where new information that would have escalated a developing minute-by-minute situation were deliberately ignored/not forwarded up the chain of command. The actions of individuals with slightly cooler heads than standing orders dictated have saved the earth from cataclysm multiple times.

continuing to rely on individuals to break protocol as a way of stopping WW3 is not a good plan. and determining what orders are crazy is usually not as clear as knowing if you follow these orders hundreds of millions of people will die as a direct result within the next 20 minutes.

the reason bannon is a problem is partially because of bannon himself, but more important is who was replaced. Politics aside, we need our top military leader to be attending meetings that directly relate to geopolitical security, which in this world change rapidly. without going into details, i don't give a fuck how well versed bannon is in diplomacy and global politics--he doesn't know shit about it compared to the highest ranking uniformed official in the united states, and he can't even begin to to understand how these things relate to our military or military matters and posturing like one of the joint chiefs can.

Last edited:
After the election there was all that talk about who took him seriously but not literally and vice versa. It looks like he should indeed have been taken literally. Oh, and he asked "why don't we use nukes since we have so many?" so this is becoming more and more worrisome.

this has probably been noted on tunnels but the doomsday clock was moved forward a full minute a cpl days ago, it hasn't been this close to midnight since 1953 when H bombs were being tested. there were many, many reasons for this move but guess who got mentioned by name as one of the driving reasons?

My bad, typo, NSC and you understood that, but wanted to avoid an answer.

no.. really.. i didn't. you flipped to Obama and i wasn't sure if you were referencing a similar but unrelated scenario. call me dense.. wouldn't be the first time my low horsepower intellect was called to account on our fair boards...

but.. as long as you're referencing Obama.. I'll ask you the same question I asked Bake --- were you as concerned when Obama included Axelrod in NSC meetings in a material and meaningful way to provide advice and counsel?

Beatrix. you are being dishonest and rude. I asked a direct and specific question. Rather than answering you changed it dramatically. It was about including Steve Bannon. Don't change the subject!

How come I'm not surprised at this effort by you?

Why won't you answer what I asked?

Last edited:
Beatrix. you are being dishonest and rude. I asked a direct and specific question. Rather than answering you changed it dramatically. It was about including Steve Bannon. Don't change the subject!

How come I'm not surprised at this effort by you?

Why won't you answer what I asked?

Hi RJ.. again, nice to be conversing with you.

Rude? I've seen rude.. unfortunately quite recently on another thread ... this ain't rude, friend. You drinking?

Anyway.. i'll be happy to answer your question -- 'no'.

Now.. will you answer mine?

I wouldn't have anyone in the room who didn't have national security experience. Axelrod didn't.

Obama didn't have Axelrod in the room. Trump wants to have Bannon. That's a huge difference in concern for the safety of the US.

Anyone with a brain would understand that Bannon is dangerous is eminently an easy target for blackmail.

You can't compare something that didn't happen to what Trump wants to happen.

I wouldn't have anyone in the room who didn't have national security experience. Axelrod didn't.

Obama didn't have Axelrod in the room. Trump wants to have Bannon. That's a huge difference in concern for the safety of the US.

Anyone with a brain would understand that Bannon is dangerous is eminently an easy target for blackmail.

You can't compare something that didn't happen to what Trump wants to happen.

i think you missed my question to Bake. Obama *did* have Axelrod in the room for an extended period of time to provide advice and counsel on specific issues (per the NYT).

Well this is terrifying, and will probably be ignored because of the other, more public, awful shit.

daeb2aa0b8c401342e7b005056a9545d

i think you missed my question to Bake. Obama *did* have Axelrod in the room for an extended period of time to provide advice and counsel on specific issues (per the NYT).

I wouldn't have done it, but it's still not the same. It's disingenuous to compare Axelrod to Bannon or even attempt to do so. Axelrod has proven to be a person of integrity and professionalism. Bannon is a wild who has harmed our nation for years by legitimizing hate and bogitry. He is the person behind "fake news" and "alternate facts".

Trump is keeping Bannon and Miller in the meetings but not the Sec of Defense or the Joint Chiefs. Trump is dangerous to the safety of the US and the world.

Back