• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

It always makes me laugh when people use the term "pro-abortion." It makes it sound like you're actively rooting for more people to get pregnant just to have abortions.

LISTEN TO CONTROVERSIAL WHITE HOUSE TERRORISM ADVISER SEBASTIAN GORKA’S ANGRY CALL TO A CRITIC

http://www.newsweek.com/sebastian-gorka-white-house-terrorism-adviser-angry-call-559805?rx=us

“I’ve never met you and I’ve never attacked you,” he said to Smith, his voice rising in frustration and anger. “And your Twitter feed is an incessant berating of my professional acumen. Put yourself in my shoes, Mr. Smith. Have you done that? How would you like it if someone you’ve never met, daily and professionally attacked you?”

“Happens all the time,” Smith responded. Generally speaking, academics and journalists laboring in the field of public policy expect to be criticized for their views.

"It's not happened to me,” Gorka said, “I can tell you. Maybe you can show me some trick on how you deal with it. This is the first time ever.”

Several times during his call with Smith, Gorka invited him to the White House to hash out their differences “face to face, man to man,” as he put it in one exchange. They set a tentative date for March 8.

But Smith warned Gorka that “in absolute fairness to you, what you will hear is that I have very serious concerns about our national security,” and in particular Gorka’s role “as an adviser to the president of the United States.”

“If you make a devastating case, then so be it,” Gorka said.

“So be it?” Smith answered. “Then what, you’ll acknowledge you're out of your league?”

“Yeah, absolutely,” Gorka said. “Bring it on."

Late Wednesday, Gorka withdrew his invitation.

How old is this dude?

Trade Wars=US being the biggest loser

The stupidest one is with Mexico. We are doing REMARKABLY well with them.

i can't imagine a trade war being good in any scenario but why would the US always be the big loser

We aren't top of the pack already?

whelp, at least we had 3 days of quiet, guess he didn't like not being in the news

Interesting NPR story about protectionist policies in Argentina under their previous president. TL;DR Smart phones now cost about $1000 a piece and you can't find an IPhone anywhere in the country. Americans are going to have to get used to things costing a lot more if they want to have them made here or have tariffs imposed.

http://www.npr.org/2017/02/23/51689...ist-president-some-companies-left-the-country

ETA: Audio not yet available on line.

Back