• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Steve Bannon Kicked Out of Government & Indicted for Fraud

wait wait, the chair of the joint chiefs of staff was fired/resigned? and replaced with bannon?

Who is next? David Duke? Tom Metzger? Scott Baio?

Well this is terrifying, and will probably be ignored because of the other, more public, awful shit.

Why should we care? President Trump will listen to whomever the fuck he wants anyway.

I'll take a shot - those other guys were losers, everyone agrees that all they did was lose. Tremendously. Bannon is a winner, he wins, trust me. He does so much winning.

They'll be included as needed but it's interpreted that not at every NSC meeting

Trumpshills, want to take a shot at this one?

I'm agnostic.. one might argue Obama's NSA lacked gravitas .. so the overall NSC influence and impact varies from time to time?? :noidea:

Having said that, I'm curious what the argument *against* is from our friends on the left. Is the concern Bannon will overpower Sec Def, Sec State and NSA with his overwhelming intellectual horsepower? I don't see it..

Bannon has gravitas?

Bannon's mistrust of everyone but his on alt-right buddies is being whispered to Trump every day. You can see his impact in Trump's rants against the intelligence community. Add to this, Bannon is an active conspiracy theorist. It's insane to have him or Flynn anywhere near the NSA.

It's incredible to me that any person of good faith can countenance Bannon in any position of influence in American government. His willingness to promote and profit from the racist alt-right is more than enough to disqualify him from any position of power in any branch of our government.

I'm curious what the argument *against* is from our friends on the left. Is the concern Bannon will overpower Sec Def, Sec State and NSA with his overwhelming intellectual horsepower? I don't see it..

I'll let George W Bush's Chief of Staff explain why Karl Rove was never allowed in National Security Council meetings:

I'll let George W Bush's Chief of Staff explain why Karl Rove was never allowed in National Security Council meetings:
at f

so the concern is Trump is mixing politics into life and death security decisions (either in reality or perception). Fair enough. on that front, Trump will hopefully do a better job of that than his predecessor. as our friend taranto would say, chris stephens has no comment.

The fact is, this is too inside baseball for most people, certainly me, to offer an informed opinion. What strikes me is the fact that knowledgeable officials in DC on both sides of the aisle are very disturbed and troubled by this move, even more so than the Muslim Ban.

Back