• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Trump's Bullshit Trade Tantrums

Congratulations to Trump on reviving the Obama trade team's TTIP negotiations.

On a side note, I am unclear how this Juncker fellow has the power to commit the entire Eurozone to buying a bunch of soybeans and LNG.

This sounds exactly like Trump saying he got NK's nukes.

No discussion on Trump's big win over the EU?

"The president claimed on Wednesday that “basically, we opened up Europe” to U.S. imports, despite no formal agreement being reached."

Shocking

maxresdefault.jpg

Farmers like me put Trump in office. Now his trade war is smothering us.

“I am a farmer and a Trump supporter. I agree that China needs to be punished for stealing patented U.S. technology. But opening a new front in this trade war, while trying to reduce the blowback on farmers with a Great Depression-era transfer program, is not the right approach. It is the economic equivalent of treating a hangnail by cutting off your finger.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...-war-is-smothering-us/?utm_term=.7102e70f7d0f

Koch network meeting kicks off with anti-protectionism message from Charles Koch

The network’s top officials sharply criticized Trump's plan to provide $12 billion in emergency aid to farmers caught in the trade war, calling it a “bailout of bad policy.”

“We put tariffs, supposedly, to hurt and put pressure on China, and then it actually hurts farmers here,” said James Davis, a Koch network spokesman. “Crops waste away in the field, and then you pull a Depression-era program out to bail out farmers, to make them whole. But who’s underwriting our debt?”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...age-from-charles-koch/?utm_term=.a1d4ab28fe0f

For the record: I have zero sympathy for either these farmers or the Koch network.

Trump’s position on trade has been pretty damn clear and consistent dating back to the 80s.

Back