• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Another reason to hate Duke (Stephen Miller)

Newenglanddeac

Reaction score
According to Joe Scarborough and others, this is the guy behind this weekend's executive order. 31 year old from Duke who was "mentored" by Richard Spencer. Can't make this stuff up.

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2017/01/19/the-troublemaker-behind-donald-trump-s-words.html

The Troublemaker Behind Donald Trump’s Words

He blasted “unpatriotic dissent,” political correctness, and the nanny-state smoking bans. “Richard Spencer, a leading white nationalist, said the two became acquainted while they were both at Duke, adding that he was a “mentor” to the younger student.
“I spent a lot of time with him at Duke… I hope I expanded his thinking… but I think he probably would be where he is today without me as well,” Spencer said, adding that he felt Miller was a “highly competent person, and a brave person.”

But it wasn’t just conservative thinking that alienated many of his classmates, nor merely his opposition to Spanish-language announcements at the school. It was also what some saw as a mean streak. In one instance, described by Rosmarin, he ran for a student-body leadership position, delivering a speech in which he complained that students were told to put their trash in garbage bins, when janitors were hired for the purpose of cleaning.
“He was booed unanimously by the student body off the stage. People were disgusted by it… [It] was not just that he targeted minority students, and played a victim on a regular basis, but was an asshole,” Rosmarin said. “That kind of incident with the janitorial staff—everyone, no matter what your background is, understands why that is an awful thing to say.”

Last edited:
Seriously...fuck Duke.

He seems to be an articulate ass...a real prick. A righteous fighter against all that is "liberal" or "progressive" or, especially, "politically correct ". A xenophobe with nationalistic and dictatorial leanings. Pretty distressing that he's a senior advisor to our dear leader.

But I see no reason to blame Duke. Or California, his home state.

He seems to be an articulate ass...a real prick. A righteous fighter against all that is "liberal" or "progressive" or, especially, "politically correct ". A xenophobe with nationalistic and dictatorial leanings. Pretty distressing that he's a senior advisor to our dear leader.

There is always a reason to blame Duke. Always.

CNN ran a crawl saying that Miller wants to be Communications Director and wants to change the name of the position to Director of Propaganda.

Seems he just wants to protect the American janitorial jobs

When I watched Miller's exchange with the reporter recently about the immigration policy and the poem on the statue of liberty, I became curious about his use of the term "cosmopolitan" as a criticism of the reporters questions/comments. So today I searched and found the following:

The Ugly History of Stephen Miller’s ‘Cosmopolitan’ Epithet

Stephen Miller’s strange insult of a reporter is very familiar to white supremacists

Loaded word of the week: Cosmopolitan

And...a counterpoint piece from National Review website.

Sounds like a tee-total dick, but I'll always be grateful for how calmly he handled Nancy Grace on live t.v. during the Duke lacrosse case.

There is a reason assholes like these want to go to duke.

When I watched Miller's exchange with the reporter recently about the immigration policy and the poem on the statue of liberty, I became curious about his use of the term "cosmopolitan" as a criticism of the reporters questions/comments. So today I searched and found the following:

The Ugly History of Stephen Miller’s ‘Cosmopolitan’ Epithet

Stephen Miller’s strange insult of a reporter is very familiar to white supremacists

Loaded word of the week: Cosmopolitan

And...a counterpoint piece from National Review website.

That is such a weak-ass refute by the National Review.

"We don't know what he meant by the term 'cosmopolitan', but it definitely didn't have any anti-semitic undertones."

So the options are either Miller:

A. Used the word intentionally to relate to that history.
B. Is out there spouting off with words that he has no idea the undertones associated to it.

Great look for a man who wants to be the COMMUNICATIONS Director of the WH.

That is such a weak-ass refute by the National Review.

"We don't know what he meant by the term 'cosmopolitan', but it definitely didn't have any anti-semitic undertones."

So the options are either Miller:

A. Used the word intentionally to relate to that history.
B. Is out there spouting off with words that he has no idea the undertones associated to it.

Great look for a man who wants to be the COMMUNICATIONS Director of the WH.

I'm putting the chances of B at about 1%. Miller and Brannon are about a half step removed from Richard Spencer. Their white supremacist views are thinly veiled and at some point the veil will come off completely.

Politically this seems like a bad play for Trump. I think most white people that voted for Trump are ok with casual under the radar white supremacist but I don't think most of them will support the same ideology when it's out in the open. I might be wrong but I hope I'm not.

I guess the play is shore up and energize the base while making America as undemocratic as possible in the next 4 years so that the base is enough to keep him in office.

when you have to explain an insult, it loses a lot of punch.

but i'm sure all the alt right nerds were high fiving over it

I'm putting the chances of B at about 1%. Miller and Brannon are about a half step removed from Richard Spencer. Their white supremacist views are thinly veiled and at some point the veil will come off completely.

Politically this seems like a bad play for Trump. I think most white people that voted for Trump are ok with casual under the radar white supremacist but I don't think most of them will support the same ideology when it's out in the open. I might be wrong but I hope I'm not.

I guess the play is shore up and energize the base while making America as undemocratic as possible in the next 4 years so that the base is enough to keep him in office.

If I've learned anything over the past two years, it's that I severely overestimated the amount of tolerance and acceptance of most Americans.

I wouldn't put anything past a lot of voters who still embrace the point-of-view that Bannon and Miller portray frequently.

when you have to explain an insult, it loses a lot of punch.

but i'm sure all the alt right nerds were high fiving over it

It's not about explaining to the target. Using those defined code words buoys their racist base. This will get people into polling places that haven't typically participated.

Yeah I think I put the percent of the population that espouse their views or are willing to ignore or refuse to believe those views is around 30%. I think the other 18% or whatever that voted for him either didn't do their research or figured Trump would pivot to the Javanka line of thinking post election, or just hated Clinton so much they were willing to tolerate blatant racism.

His polling numbers, even among whites, have dropped precipitously since inauguration.

It's not about explaining to the target. Using those defined code words buoys their racist base. This will get people into polling places that haven't typically participated.

I think the white supremacists were out in full force last November. These dog whistles were blowing well before the election.

Both Miller and Acosta came off like dickheads in that exchange. Since when was the WH press room a debate forum?

I think the white supremacists were out in full force last November. These dog whistles were blowing well before the election.

They want to keep it going until 2020. They will do this biggly for 2018 as well.

Back