• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Bracketology 2017

If it comes down to Wake or VT for the last bubble spot I think the head to head matchup will be the deciding factor.

Possibly. And I can't say winning a road game with huge bubble implications for both teams in the home finale for that team fills me with an awful lot of confidence.

Beat Clemson

Much like yourself, Dino knocks jack shit about the subject matter

I'm not agreeing with Dino, but he did say he has personally spoken to members of the selection committee. I think that qualifies as knowing more than jack shit.

Ron Wellman was his AD and was on the selection committee for five years. So yes, I imagine he has

If it comes down to Wake or VT for the last bubble spot I think the head to head matchup will be the deciding factor.

Looking at VT, they are likely to have at least nine wins whether they beat us or not. If they beat Pitt at Pitt, they could have 10 in hand before playing us.

We have to beat Clemson or pray for a miracle. It's very likely the biggest game we've played since Dino was fired.

Looking at VT, they are likely to have at least nine wins whether they beat us or not. If they beat Pitt at Pitt, they could have 10 in hand before playing us.

We have to beat Clemson or pray for a miracle. It's very likely the biggest game we've played since Dino was fired.

Eh. They only beat BC at home by 6 and BC is a harder team at their place, Miami beat them already and will be desperate for that win and will basically be their season (3 of their last 4 are against ranked teams) but it is two days after dook. Pitt just beat Cuse so who knows about them.

Jerry Palm's (CBS Sports) projections were updated this morning. He has Wake as the last team in, playing in the First Four against Georgia Tech.

Last Four In - Syracuse, Georgia Tech, Providence, Wake Forest
First Four Out - Arkansas, Pittsburgh, Ole Miss, Rhode Island

A few Monday bubble games -

Syracuse (16-10, 8-5, RPI 70, KP 48) vs. #4 Louisville - Syracuse has a bad loss against Boston College, and their best OOC win was against Monmouth. That said, they're right on the bubble due to wins against Virginia, Florida State, Miami, Wake, and Clemson. They'll need to get to 10-8 in the ACC to have a chance of an at-large bid, and find themselves as 3-point dogs tonight. Would be a big win and push towards the post-season if they're able to take down Louisville.

Texas Tech (16-9, 4-8, RPI 94, KP 40) vs. #6 Baylor - Their RPI is awful due to playing the 350th non-conference strength of schedule. They've held their own in the Big 12, with three of their losses against solid teams (Baylor, TCU, Kansas) coming at a combined margin of only six points. They need a win tonight or their season is over.

The second game of ESPN's double-header ('Cuse vs. Louisville is the first) pits #13 West Virginia at #3 Kansas. Not a bubble game, but should be entertaining.

We've dropped 2 spots since Friday on Lunardi's line. Thought it had been a good weekend.

I wonder why FSU has moved up a seed after getting beaten soundly by ND.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It seems like everyone else we're on the bubble with has at least one big home upset win on their resume. Obviously, we blew one with the come-from-ahead loss to Duke. Sure would be nice to beat Louisville so that talking point could be minimized.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Now Palm likes us but Lunardi doesn't? Hard to keep track.

Joe does love him some Clemson though, damn. One of the big reasons is their win at the Joel, so let's cancel that out real quick tomorrow night

Just use The Bracket Matrix, it's much more reliable since it conglomerates the wisdom of the crowds. We are the second team out there.

Lunardi has us in the First 4 out.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

He's also got Clemson in the Last 4 In. So, to piggyback on another thread, I'd say Clemson is a must win.

Clemson the last four in? at 3-9 in conference and 13-11 overall? I guess he thinks they are going to win 5 of their last 6? They do play only 1 ranked team, FSU, the remainder of the regular season. But still...

Lunardi has us in the First 4 out.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/bracketology

He's also got Clemson in the Last 4 In. So, to piggyback on another thread, I'd say Clemson is a must win.

I don't get the Clemson love. If we beat them their season is basically over. They are 3-9 and still have @Miami, @VT, and FSU left. Even if they beat us their ceiling is probably 17-13 (7-11) and an RPI in the 50s.

Back