• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

I think his efforts have highlighted just how deep the corruption goes, and given us a start to see what the tip of the iceberg looks like. Both parties are guilty of egregious bribery. Smarter people need to find a way to eliminate lobbyists buying Congressmen

As you prepare to vote, I’m sure you’re aware that it’s only Democratic candidates who have pledged not to take donations from lobbyists or PACs.

I think his efforts have highlighted just how deep the corruption goes, and given us a start to see what the tip of the iceberg looks like. Both parties are guilty of egregious bribery. Smarter people need to find a way to eliminate lobbyists buying Congressmen

You like these ambiguous statements when you speak about Trump's accomplishments, but you never provide specifics. It's always his "efforts" or what he's "done."

He has virtually gutted a large number of federal agencies and significantly strengthened the department of Justice.

He has appointed at least one supreme Court Justice who explicitly favors limiting the federal government reach.

I do not want or expect President Trump to pass laws. That is congress' function, and current politics don't make it feasible for President Trump to push major legislation through without a high price.

I agree that the budget should be better balanced, but I'm willing to reason that President Trump has looked at that issue and made a value judgement about how to best use his time and energy.

Reason. Haha

He has virtually gutted a large number of federal agencies and significantly strengthened the department of Justice.
he also appointed unqualified people
for those positions. Gutted. Yes. Does he know why? Nope. Does he understand the purpose for the agencies? We both know that answer. How many of his appointees have resigned in disgrace after spending vast sums of money (30-40k for a secret listening room in HUD was it?) How many of his appointees have been found guilty of crimes? He IS unindicted conspirator 1. Every action he takes is the opposite of what his words claim he is. You claim education and "smart" but you keep overlooking his actions.

He has appointed at least one supreme Court Justice who explicitly favors limiting the federal government reach. and another who assaults women, lies under oath, demeans the confirmation process with his behavior, words, and actions WHILE UNDER OATH. Justice Robert's dismissed HUNDREDS of complaints about his conduct as a judge after his confirmation because... ?? Well, he got the highest judge appointment in the country.

I do not want or expect President Trump to pass laws. he can't thank god but he sure rams through racist and thoughtless bull shit by the truck load by executive order and usurps Congressional war power to kill foreign leaders that our allies are upset about) interesting timing that. That is congress' function, and current politics don't make it feasible for President Trump to push major legislation through without a high price. current politics? He is fighting congressional oversight with complete stonewalling. Why? Oh, because he's a snowflake falsely accused? Maybe, just maybe his perfect whiteness and perfect, hidden transcripts, tax returns etc tell a very different tale. If he had ANYTHING exculpatory why not allow the documents and testimony, throw up his middle finger and drop that mic. Ride that wave of retaliation against the Democrats to near unanimous reelection this fall? Take the house, keep the senate and pass all those laws that he did not in his first 2 years of single party rule.

I agree that the budget should be better balanced, but I'm willing to reason that President Trump has looked at that issue and made a value judgement about how to best use his time and energy. best use of time and judgement? Watch a little more fox news, alone, in the residence? Tweet? Grab a few more... kitties?

Jesus christ I just wasted a ton of time. Keep using that big brain and overpriced education to continue ignoring all the facts that are out in the open. I can't even imagine what is in the testimony from first hand witnesses, documents, hidden servers (not just that Ukraine call by the way) and tax returns, that he is HIDING. It will all come out some day unless he succeeds in his authoritarian race to increase his power.

Sure, but my point was that you were misinterpreting Trump’s prior tweet. He wasn’t calling dems scum. He was calling never Trump pubs (like myself) scum.

I’m sure you can probably find another tweet where he calls dems scum. He’s an equal opportunity asshole.

You just quoted a tweet where he does that.

No, you should quit dancing and playing games.

My bad, that's all you have ever done. So, you can't admit you are wrong.

lol that anybody wants to spend their time parsing and "interpreting" Trump tweets. At least GTB acknowledges what Trump is best at, which is "othering" >half of America to further rile up angry white men.

You have no frame of reference here. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know.

You are so very Trumpian thinking you know all about everything as you falsely defend yourself by attacking others.

You must be a direct descendant of Monty Python's Black Night.

You have no frame of reference here. You're like a child who wanders into the middle of a movie and wants to know.

This is what happens when you have fun with a stranger in the Alps.

I'm not a Ben Shapiro fan.

Your comments are un-American, because they are calculated to sow broader division.

Lincoln had the following to say:

There is a lot of "othering" on this board. None of us are immune from the social powers that exist and the inherent flaws in humanity. Othering is not productive; it is a poison that leads to the worst sort of pain.

Wow. Catching up on things.... I can’t....

You realize the dipshit you voted for has been “othering” and sowing division his entire life in the media and his personal life, but especially these last 3 years as president? How on earth can you make this statement without feeling a swift ironic kick to the nuts?

Upside down world.

Junebug, nobody is forcing your to make defend Trump with semantics.

Calls an anonymous fellow Wake forester un-American for divisive rhetoric.

Votes for and currently supports Donald Trump, apparently overlooking his arbitrarily defined un-American division sowing behavior.

Whoever said GTB throws out platitudes in support of trump without specifics while ignoring facts that objectively counter his arguments was right. I mean damn.

I would not be shocked if Iran didn't wait until the mid-Spring-Summer to make most of their retaliatory strikes to impact our election.

Sure, but my point was that you were misinterpreting Trump’s prior tweet. He wasn’t calling dems scum. He was calling never Trump pubs (like myself) scum.

I’m sure you can probably find another tweet where he calls dems scum. He’s an equal opportunity asshole.

I didn’t misinterpret his tweet. He’s used the term “human scum” several times and most notably when describing never trump republicans. Hence the reason why I signed my initial post “sincerely...your resident piece of human scum”.

I then used the same term to talk about his divisive rhetoric against all of his political opponents (55 + % of the country). Could I have picked another term to be more clear? Sure. But I was too lazy/busy to think of or look up another term to use. I was also under the impression that we’re all smart here and can understand the spirit of an argument/point as simple as this one (i.e. trump uses divisive rhetoric to describe his political opponents) even when things might not be as clear as you would like them to be.

Back