• Welcome to OGBoards 10.0, keep in mind that we will be making LOTS of changes to smooth out the experience here and make it as close as possible functionally to the old software, but feel free to drop suggestions or requests in the Tech Support subforum!

Middle East: Saudis Murder & Dismember Washington Post Contributor

And at the risk of getting into a meaningless argument...since when did you become a never trump Republican? Again, I’ve engaged with this board almost daily for the past 4 years and I seem to recall you being one of the bigger trump apologists for quite some time. I realize you recently (Ukraine scandal maybe?) turned on trump but I wouldn’t classify you as a “never trump Republican” if you spent the entire 2016 election and 2-3 subsequent years carrying water or explaining things away for the guy.

Never means having never supported the guy...from the beginning.

And at the risk of getting into a meaningless argument...since when did you become a never trump Republican? Again, I’ve engaged with this board almost daily for the past 4 years and I seem to recall you being one of the bigger trump apologists for quite some time. I realize you recently (Ukraine scandal maybe?) turned on trump but I wouldn’t classify you as a “never trump Republican” if you spent the entire 2016 election and 2-3 subsequent years carrying water or explaining things away for the guy.

Never means having never supported the guy...from the beginning.

Dude, let’s just be glad he’s here now, and there are enough like him in key areas so we don’t have to deal with four more years of this absolute bullshit.

Dude, let’s just be glad he’s here now, and there are enough like him in key areas so we don’t have to deal with four more years of this absolute bullshit.

Fair point.

I just don’t want to see a bunch of trump apologists suddenly turn and say “oh I never supported the guy” when it becomes politically expedient to say so.

But I get your point. Welcome to the anti trump gravy train Junebug. And there is plenty of room left for anyone else who would like to join.

Trump administration warns Congress Iran could retaliate against US 'within weeks'

The Trump administration has warned members of Congress that Iran is expected to retaliate against the US "within weeks" for the strike that killed Qasem Soleimani even as they failed to convince some that the operation was merited due to an imminent threat against American lives.

There are also intense discussions taking place inside US military and intelligence agencies to assess whether Iran might be preparing some type of retaliatory strikes in the next few days or wait for some time, according to a US official with direct knowledge of the situation. "There are conflicting views" on whether Iran will quickly retaliate or wait, but US military defenses are ready, the official said.

Chairman of the Joint Chiefs General Mark Milley publicly addressed the issue of potential retaliation from Iran Friday. When asked whether there is now a risk to US safety in the region, Milley bluntly said, "Damn right there is risk."

Officials from the National Security Council, State Department, Pentagon and intelligence agencies echoed that concern during classified briefings Friday, making it clear that it is not a question of if Iran will respond, but when, where and how, a source with knowledge of what was discussed told CNN.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/04/politics/trump-iran-intel-retaliation-concerns/index.html

At least Iran doesn't have any cultural or historical sites or artifacts of any significance.

Yeah it’s like a neighbor upset you, we can send a strongly worded email, leave a harsh note, confront the person, or murder him and his whole family then burn the house down. Trumps like I’ll take option 4 for sure.

Yeah it’s like a neighbor upset you, we can send a strongly worded email, leave a harsh note, confront the person, or murder him and his whole family then burn the house down. Trumps like I’ll take option 4 for sure.

Pretty much. Could use that money for kindling to pay medical bills but nah.

Back